• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interview with Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Well, I finally got to look at my score sheet for the ASTB today. I got an overall 53 and then 6/6/6. Not the best scores I know, and so I am not very encouraged. I am applying for Intel, SWO, and Crypto. I have an intervew set up with a Lt. Cmdr. from the Intel community in two weeks. Can anyone tell me what these initial interviews are like? Any tips/advice on how to prepare myself for it? :icon_help

Many thanks.

navsup

BDCP Supply
It all depends on each individual. For example I think mine was set up by my recruiter as more of a formality. the officer came to my house we talked for a few minutes and he left.

I had thought of all these possible questions and had answers prepared, and I really didnt need them.

But some may ask what are your strengths, weaknesses... always include a perceived weakness but explain why it could be a positive.

why do want to be a......?

why would you be a good ......?

how would your experiences help you be a ......?

Ask him questions that you want to know. This will give you time to give an impresive comment about yourself

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
This is the quintessential officer interview question:

"As a newly commissioned officer with only one or two years in, you will be in a position of authority over senior enlisted personnel who have been in the Navy since you were in elementary school. You will have to effectively give them direction and orders, write thier performance evaluations, and perhaps even administer discipline to them. How will you handle these leadership and management challenges?"

Your interviewer may or may not ask you a question like this, but anyone applying for a commission would be well served by giving this one some serious thought. How well you come to grips with this can make or break you as an applicant and an officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.