• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interview Question

Cleonard19

Contributor
So I managed to score myself an interview with the Dean of Admissions at The Citadel to discuss my early acceptance there, particularly my previous college experiences which were nothing to write home about. He understands that I'm applying in order to send in LOA's with my STA-21 package, and mentioned that the Commandant might be there as well, which I'm cool with because if I can score a letter of endorsement from the 'dant (Retired Brigadier General) I think that would round out my package quite nicely. The only thing I'm not sure about, is what to wear.

Should I appear in dress whites, or in a nice suit? I'm not sure which one sends the right message in this situation.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Just my .02, but if you are meeting him at the Citadel to discuss something regarding the Navy, I would wear the uniform. If it were me, I would go all the way and toss on the dress blues. (If he is taking the time to meet with you during his no doubt busy day, you should go all the way and wear the dress blues). I wouldn't go large medals and stuff like that, but it does show that you are willing to show pride by wearing a formal uniform.
Good luck with the interview.

Cleonard19

Contributor
Just my .02, but if you are meeting him at the Citadel to discuss something regarding the Navy, I would wear the uniform. If it were me, I would go all the way and toss on the dress blues. (If he is taking the time to meet with you during his no doubt busy day, you should go all the way and wear the dress blues). I wouldn't go large medals and stuff like that, but it does show that you are willing to show pride by wearing a formal uniform.
Good luck with the interview.

What's the rationale behind the blues versus the whites? I never understood how one was supposedly more formal than the other. and are you saying mini-medals, or just ribbons?

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Just my personal preference. If you bump into anything on the way to the interview in the whites, it is more noticable than it would be on the blues.
And I was implying just ribbons.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Actually dress blues are considered more formal and for more important events overall.. Yes they are seasonal, but from what I remember correctly this sounds like an occasion for blues.

Congrats on the interviews btw...and good luck!

Stick

pilot
If you are meeting to see about getting accepted to The Citadel then you should know that you don't need to do that. Just because you are active duty and applying STA-21 you will be accepted. Call admissions and ask for CDR Nimmich, he will hook you up. As far as meeting for LOR's you should wear the uniform, it is a military college and we all wear them here. I would just go with ribbons as well. That's just my opinion as a current OC at The Citadel.

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
Irrevelant, but once you're a Citadel Cadet, watch out for CofC girls... there are a LOT of them (7 to 1 ratio of women to men in the downtown area), but they are kind of crazy and at least one a month calls the cops on cadets, for a variety of interesting reasons.

Congratulations and good luck at the Citadel, though! Neat place.