• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Interview Appraisals

Elbandito

Good Afternoon,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My name is HM1(SCW) Knoefler, Dillon out of NTAG Golden gate. First and foremost I wanna thank this community of mentors and aspiring aviators for the information shared and expanded upon here. I am presently applying for SNA and NFO. Graduating in August from ASU. Clocked in a 49/5/6/6 on my astb.

I am having some difficulty identifying Pilot's and a NFO to conduct an appraisal interview for my OCS package. With my recruiting experience I am more than willing and able to cold call squadron CO's to get one. How ever I would prefer to reach out to members within a group that are looking to pass along guidance and help others. I have reached out to my chain of command, they have stated they would make an effort in aiding me, but my short time in the Navy has taught me that no one will work harder for you than yourself.

If you have any guidance on a more proper way of reaching out to getting these appraisals I would greatly appreciate it.

Renegade One

None
You sound like a go getter, so here's some possible vectors:
  1. There must be at least one NROTC consortium in the Bay Area...may be some pilots/NFOs there. Phone and ask.
  2. Naval Postgrad School in Monterey...a bit of a drive, but no hill for a stepper! Again, call someone there (CMC to start?), explain the issue, and ask of there aren't 3-4 aviators there who could make time for a sit-down interview.
  3. Same as number two for NAS Lemoore. Again, your easiest point-of-entry might be the CMC at the Strike Fighter Wing there, just because you're sure to get a sympathetic ear to start. Maybe Deputy Commodore after that...
Best of luck.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about a JROTC program? Might find a senior aviator honchoing high school kids in his retirement. As a recruiter, you have to know where you can find a JROTC unit. Best of luck!! Love it when we grow our own.

BrianTruix

I know for a fact Monterey will be a decent start for you. My last commodore is there currently and he is an awesome guy willing to help whenever he can.