• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interservice Transfer

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
rudder pedals
giphy.gif

Girl, please. Anti-Torque Pedals. ?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OP needs to talk to his NROTC senior advisor. Calling @ea6bflyr
I agree with @Flash, @cburns13 you need to speak to the NROTC staff and understand your options. With all of the Marine requirements (OCS pre-req), you may not even be ELGIBLE for USMC service. Your NROTC staff will have the answers for you....seek their advice and mentorship. While you are at it, you might want to read the contact you signed when you agreed to take the NROTC scholarship. You may not be able to "quit" without serious implications (pay back or enlisted service).

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
You're willing to take a ground MOS, so clearly being a stick isn't your only driving ambition. I'll just say that being a maritime/E-2 NFO isn't a bad deal, man. You've still got an amazing opportunity ahead of you. Come join us.

HuggyU2

None
The USAF just released their O-5 Promotion Board Results yesterday.
We had 2 Marines and 1 Navy Major that had done an Interservice Transfer to fly the U-2.
Their paperwork going in to the Board was only their time as a U-2 and T-38 student. That said they had very good records coming in.

The front office did some great work on the finer details of their Promotion Recommendation... and all three were selected for Lt Col.

HuggyU2

None
Heads up...

The Inter-Service Transfer program for the U-2 (and only the U-2) is possibly getting reinvigorated.
I won't bore you with details, but some traction is being made and we hope to know a lot more by the end of August.

So will it happen? Don't know yet.

But if you're one of the Navy/Marine pilots that's been calling Demo (and I occasionally answer), then you may want to keep up on latest developments. I'll post something here if and when it opens up.