• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interservice transfer timeline for Army MSC > Navy MSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armyofone

Thanks to the webmaster and mods for creating and maintaining this great forum. Looking forward to being a regular contributor.

I'm currently an O3 active duty Army research physiologist (71B), preparing my paperwork to become a Navy Aerospace Physiologist. I have a great Navy recruiter who, although not having much knowledge about interservice transfers, is putting 110% into helping me work through the red tape. I also have the support of several key members of the NAP community. I feel very strongly about my chances for selection for one of the billets in FY06.

There are 3 possible dates for beginning aviation flight training: Sep 8, Nov 17, and July 13. I have been told that paperwork for an interservice transfer like mine can take up to 6 months. I am, as many of you can empathize, very excited to start my Navy career as soon as possible. Can I possibly be delayed a start in naval aviation for over a year from now??

BTW, my commitment level for this is 10 out of a possible 10. I will do anything and everything ethically possible to achieve this goal. Does anyone out there have a similar experience, or can give me some pointers on how to poke and prod my packet along its merry way? I've already got some numbers from Human Resources Command (the Army's new version of PERSCOM) where I know that my packet will end up.

Also, and this is a point being argued at several levels in my local chain of command: how high up does the paperwork generally go before getting a stamp of approval? The AR 614-120 states that the Surgeon General (oy vey!) does not have to sign off on packets unless there is a service obligation, of which there is none. So how high does it usually go? Field grade?

Many, many questions. We are working on getting some (any?) answers on our end, and I thought I would tap into the knowledge base on these forums. I will keep updating my progress so that those who come after me will not be in the dark as much as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.