• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Inter service transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg

Greetings from Iraq,
I'm currently deployed here with the Army Reserve as a C-12 pilot (1Lt). I am terribly interested in transfer to the Marine Corps Reserve as an aviator. A few questions for anyone who can answer them:
Is this even possible (once I get home) ?
Is there an age limit?
If so, do I go though all of the training at Pensacola or skip API and Primary?
I understand the Corps has C-12s, older ones than what I fly, I think those are active duty, though, is this true?
Is it possible to go active duty Marine Corp as an aviator? Any idea what training would be required to fly C-12s on the active side?
As an Army aviator, I flew helos in flight school, qual'd in the UH-1H/V and did time in the TH-67, any ideas how that would work were I to get into a UH-1N unit or a Cobra unit?

Lots of questions, but fortunately for me, lots of time ;) One month down, 11 to go. Initial response from a prior svc recruiter from home has been positive, I'm trying to nail down the specifics. Any additional info would be welcome.
Thx,
Cyborg. :confused: :confused:
Lots of questions

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
C-12's are very difficult to get on active duty - and almost impossible in the reserves (i.e., everybody wants them and you have to have connections to get into the unit. I know there are reserve C-12 units at Andrews and New Orleans.)
Age (as well as rank) is always a factor. SInce you are a commissioned officer and I assume under 30, you might be ok.
However, transfers into the Marine Corps (active duty or reserve) are very limited (with the exception of from the Navy) I honestly think you would have a much better chance of a transfer to the Navy.

Cyborg

It's even worse than you think, 46. I'm an 'old' fart, 33.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see how far I can get before I get stopped cold. It's worth being told 'no' over.
Cyborg.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
I think you will have a better chance at the Navy or Air Force - it is very difficult getting into the Corps Reserves without prior Marine experience. Customs is a primo job (the age limit is 37) and with your dual qual background, you would be very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.