• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel Officer Path

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
You just have to hope that whatever community you get assigned to actually values your product, or gives you the tools to be fulfilled. My MPRA AIO was great at his job, but all in all the VP community absolutely does not know how to use intel-O’s and ISs as anything more than PMP generators. They are horribly undermanned and don’t get to actually do any analysis from my experience.

paltheon232

Well assuming I get accepted I’ll do the best that I can with whatever I’m given, guess I’ll just have to try to sell my products if I do get in that situation. I feel like on the ship we are constantly begging for context on reports we get but we don’t have any Intel/IS types on board.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You just have to hope that whatever community you get assigned to actually values your product, or gives you the tools to be fulfilled. My MPRA AIO was great at his job, but all in all the VP community absolutely does not know how to use intel-O’s and ISs as anything more than PMP generators. They are horribly undermanned and don’t get to actually do any analysis from my experience.
If you’re going aviation intel for your first tour, go to a Growler squadron if at all possible. Provided you’re competent/demonstrate a willingness to learn, you’ll actually get to contribute in an Intel capacity. A good Intel o in a Growler squadron is value added, unlike most other aviation communities. The community also does a pretty good job integrating the Intel Os into the ready room.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
If you’re going aviation intel for your first tour, go to a Growler squadron if at all possible. Provided you’re competent/demonstrate a willingness to learn, you’ll actually get to contribute in an Intel capacity. A good Intel o in a Growler squadron is value added, unlike most other aviation communities. The community also does a pretty good job integrating the Intel Os into the ready room.
Our VP squad absolutely included ours as well. They were great and we couldn’t have had the deployment success without them, especially for those “hey the mission brief was completely different WTF is happening” meetings in the SCIF before stepping to the bird. Deploying not a ship was nice to explore the area, but they did get worked to the bone because there’s no real support system which sucks. Definitely ask around and get as much intel (lol) on how you would rank your options.