• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

INTEL is closed for FY22

Creeping_Geep

My CoC spoke with someone at NRC today and were told fleet officer applications are never turned away, whether NRC is currently accepting civilian applications or not. Is that true?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
My CoC spoke with someone at NRC today and were told fleet officer applications are never turned away, whether NRC is currently accepting civilian applications or not. Is that true?
Did they mean fleet enlisted applicants for OCS, fleet officer applicants for redes from a different designator, or both?

Also, if you meet eligibility, I would encourage you to apply for 7830, as well.

Creeping_Geep

Did they mean fleet enlisted applicants for OCS, fleet officer applicants for redes from a different designator, or both?

Also, if you meet eligibility, I would encourage you to apply for 7830, as well.
They meant fleet applicants for OCS. I don't hold any of the required NECs for 7830; not an IS.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Roger. Well, you may want to look into other designators or programs if your goal is to become an officer but you are running short on time (age-wise or HYT-wise). It’s good to have options if you later find out Intel isn’t one of them.

exNavyOffRec

There have been times where they have closed designators to civilians, but it was more about getting the right candidates (SEAL, EOD, PAO) as they wanted those already in the community.

They could accept the application and just hold it until the next board for the next FY, but if the spots are filled the spots are filled.

Creeping_Geep

My command submitted my package to NRC last week and Mr. Celestin responded that it would be reviewed at the Nov 2021 board. I don't know how to square this development with the NOPO gram I shared earlier (others have speculated NRC may have made an error somewhere), but in the interest of full transparency I wanted to share this update with you all.

Best of luck to all IWC applicants!