• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Initial PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I have my first PFT this coming friday, and I am wanting to know what I should be doing in preparation for it. Should I rest the day before? I went out and ran today, and I have to admit, I felt like crap! I know that this is my first PFT and that it can only get better. Just thought I'd ask for some heads up. My OSO and OSA said they'd run it with me, so that should help to. Thanks in advance.

Rob_ERAU

EA-6B1,
The best way to get ready for a PFT is eat plenty of healthy high carb foods and get 8hrs of sleep every night about two days before your PFT. High carb foods like, noodles, juices, fruits and stay away from soda. The day you run your PFT don't eat alot just eat like fruits and water. While I know everybody is different, these steps work for me and I run a constant 300 pft. I say that not trying to be an a$$ hole but just to back up my statements. Don't be nervous just do the best you can do... and go 100%. Sometimes my ordinary runs go really bad too... but don't worry about it, your body is just pounding out weakness and that process hurts.HA! That is really cool that your OSO is running it with you, my OSO has never ran a PFT with me. I believe that will help you. Anyways, I hope I helped you, stay motivated and good luck.
Rob

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Whatever weight training you're doing I'd also cut out for about 3 days prior to give 'em some time to rebuild. Take in plenty of protein and take it easy. Keep away from milk the day of your pft also- otherwise you'll be sorrrrrryyyyyy. Haha Good Luck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.