• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information

I’m currently applying as a civilian for SNFO/SNA boards in May, but I’be always been more interested in the mechanic side of things when it comes to high powered machines. I’m trying to find general requirements to apply, other than the PA, and info on what would make a young (23yr old) a good candidate for this program.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I’m currently applying as a civilian for SNFO/SNA boards in May, but I’be always been more interested in the mechanic side of things when it comes to high powered machines. I’m trying to find general requirements to apply, other than the PA, and info on what would make a young (23yr old) a good candidate for this program.

Are you asking for more information on the day to day life as an AMDO?

AMDO primarily (most, but not all) brings in enlisted candidates who already have aviation maintenance experience. I have heard of 1-2 civilian applicants being accepted but those had technical degrees and similarly some experience with aviation.

Yes, life as AMDO.
So most everyone is prior service, but I have seen that it’s pretty important to have low TIS for career development.
Would it be fair to say that I could go in as a NFO and have the opportunity to switch over?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, life as AMDO.
So most everyone is prior service, but I have seen that it’s pretty important to have low TIS for career development.
Would it be fair to say that I could go in as a NFO and have the opportunity to switch over?
Switching like that isn't really a thing. AMDOs aren't directly involved in the maintenance itself. They're more administrative/maintenance management. Don't pick AMDO thinking you're going to be turning wrenches or troubleshooting weapon systems. You'll be pushing paper.