• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Info about OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAO?

I went through OCS last year (Summer of 2003) and it was one of the hardest 13 weeks of my life. I came into OCS after 6 years in the Navy and achieving Second Class (E5). I busted my ass to get into OCS, and I was no ready for OCS.

I though I knew everything, but I forgor how to be at the bottom of the food chain; how to be broken down and built back up. My DI saolved that problem fast and as much as I may have hated it, I know she made me a better sailor and I hope a good officer. i think of her lessons often and the experiences.

Look, the point is that so much is a surprise and there is a method. Those of you who put out info to ruin the surprises are doing a disservice. To those who are lookign for info, careful what you read. Some people may put out bad info just to make it worse. Don't worry about the little things. If you do not think you can hack it, you won't... if you believe you can, you will. Cowboy up!

THE PAO

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
While I agree that there should be some aspects of OCS that should NEVER be revealed, this site is not the lone culprit. You're gonna have G/T/Xperts who roll in poopie week and start blabbing about all this and that. That's the noise you want to filter out. Alot of the info on this site is mainly things like "show up in shape" and advice like that, not details.

demax182

CEC Officer from Class 15-03
PAO,

Just out of curiosity, what class were you in 13-03? I ask because you said your DI was a female. I was in class 15-03.

PAO?

I was 21-03. Remind me, did you guys indoc us or did the 16? I think it was the 16. I commissioned July 18... And you KNOW who my DI was. One of the best!

AS for info here THISGUY, I agree. The GTXers do drop a lot of info, good and mostly bad, but at least that is on sight. I totally agree about getting in shape. Anyone who thinks they are ready... They're not. There are exceptions. 2 guys in my class were [nasty] priors like me but they were SPEC OPS guys, so they were in great shape...

There should be SOME mystery to the whole proccess. OCS graduates should consider themselves an elite group of officers. Too often I think there is a lack of pride in being an OCS grad. I am proud as hell I earned my commission this way...

demax182

CEC Officer from Class 15-03
No, 16 probably indocked your class. We left a week before you came on board, I never got to see her new class. 16 was a good class though, lots of good guys there.

On another subject, no matter how much you know beforehand about OCS, you'll never be prepared for it. I have given my 2 cents to this board and have given out too much at times, I realize I was wrong. And I agree with the above posts, I did realize a pattern that GTXers have much of the input on this board. Take what they say with a grain of salt because many of them do not fully know what they're talking about.

Again, on another subject, OCS had to be the worst 13 weeks of my life. However, as many other OCS graduates can relate to, OCS also makes you appreciate even the smallest luxuries you have in life. You all will know what I'm talking about once you get there. I almost miss it at times as sick as that may sound.

PAO?

iluvpoopies said:
Get it straight, your DI is the best.

No, You are absolutley right! THE Best... I will say though, there is another there that I looked up to as well. I had the honor of working with him a little as a Candio, and he was a good example and motivator, both physically and mentally.

DairyCreamer

I sincerely hope that if/when I get to OCS, I end up with a great Drill Instructor. Is there such thing as a bad DI though? How do good and bad instructors differ in the OCS world? I definitely know the difference in an academic setting, just curious how OCS is different in terms of instructor interaction. Thanks!

~Nate

PAO? said:
No, You are absolutley right! THE Best... I will say though, there is another there that I looked up to as well. I had the honor of working with him a little as a Candio, and he was a good example and motivator, both physically and mentally.

PAO?

DairyCreamer said:
I sincerely hope that if/when I get to OCS, I end up with a great Drill Instructor. Is there such thing as a bad DI though? How do good and bad instructors differ in the OCS world? I definitely know the difference in an academic setting, just curious how OCS is different in terms of instructor interaction. Thanks!

~Nate

Oh there is definatly a difference. Some seem to be all about the power, adn some are there to make great officers. One in particular may be a sociopath :) everyone has there own style. Part of the fun is to see hwat you get :-

Status
Not open for further replies.