• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Indoc Candidate or OC?

oztin79

Questions:

1) When I arrive at OCS, how should I be referring to myself: Indoctrination Candidate or Officer Candidate?

1a) Isn't an Indoc Candio a soon-to-be MIDN?

2) Also, when reciting the US Armed Forces Code of Conduct, do I say, "I am an American..." or "This Candidate is an American..."?

2a) Same question goes for Sailor's Creed.

Thank you.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Okay, deep breath time. You are a little too wrapped around the axle. They will tell you what to call yourself when you get there; once you get it wrong a couple of times in the first 10 minutes, they will help you remember. As I recall, you are an indoctrination candidate until futher notice and you refer to yourself as "This indoctrination candidate". During the code of conduct you will say "I".

They will make these things crystal clear, try to have some fun before you go.

oztin79

RockyMtnNFO said:
Okay, deep breath time. You are a little too wrapped around the axle. They will tell you what to call yourself when you get there; once you get it wrong a couple of times in the first 10 minutes, they will help you remember. As I recall, you are an indoctrination candidate until futher notice and you refer to yourself as "This indoctrination candidate". During the code of conduct you will say "I".

They will make these things crystal clear, try to have some fun before you go.
See, I don't really want a 270-lb brother-of-Satan Marine "helping" me remember things I should've already found out on Airwarriors threads. I understand what you're saying about taking a deep breath to put things into a little perspective, but I'm not asking you to sketch me a diagram of how to fold my towels (someone was aking about this a little while back). When I graduated from MIDN Indoc, we were ICs and considered, perhaps slightly, beneath the OCs running around MCRD San Diego. I have since switched my program to BDCP and read gouges referring to both ICs and OCs and I appreciate your distinctions.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
oztin79 said:
See, I don't really want a 270-lb brother-of-Satan Marine "helping" me remember things I should've already found out on Airwarriors threads.

This will happen anyway.

The senior candidates will train you for the first day or so, then you are handed over to meet your DI. They will tell you what to say, when to say it, and so forth. You will figure it out. Enjoy your time before you report. It's nice to know gouge and whatnot before you go, but there will be plenty of time for learning this stuff at OCS.

oztin79

VetteMuscle427 said:
you're an IC for the first week... then 2-9 you are an OC and then 10-12 you are a candio.

and code of conduct is verbatim.
Exactly what I needed. You should write owners manuals for a living. Thanks for the help!

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
oztin79 said:
Exactly what I needed. You should write owners manuals for a living. Thanks for the help!

He knows because he's living it right now. Hence the pinpoint accuracy and the quick, concise delivery. :icon_wink

oztin79

metro said:
He knows because he's living it right now. Hence the pinpoint accuracy and the quick, concise delivery. :icon_wink
I bet it's not "5 O'Clock" over THERE. Thanks for the help, gentlemen.