• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In Rememberance of GySgt. James "JP" Paige

navyao

Ten years ago today I lost the big brother I never had, GySgt. James "JP" Paige of Middlesex, NJ. JP was not a Naval Aviator, however he was a Combat Aircrewman and the line chief with Miramar based HMM-166. I loved him like a brother and my heart still aches over his death.

JP was a Marine to the end and a hero to all. I know there are a lot of Marine rotor guys in here and I wanted to share my friends story with all of you. Please follow the link and take sometime to read about him.

http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/SeaKnight-USMC-1999.htm

JPTom037.jpg

Imhotep0608

I, just randomly came across the story of Gunny Paige and the helo that was lost while looking for news of a lost helo in Afghanistan yesterday. This story really touched me and even though I have never served on a flight crew, I have a good friend who was a 53 crew chief and others who were Recon operators and this mishap really touched home for me. What he did to save his fellow Marines and shipmates is truly incredible.