• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm new!

JenFisher03

Hi!

My name is Jenny. My husband starts Marine OCS on October 9th. We are getting anxious to get started with everything!

A little about us....We graduated from Texas A&M a few years ago. We have been living in the Dallas area since then. Last year, he decided to pursue Marine aviation. So....here we are! We have an 11 month old son too. I am getting nervous about the next few months! I grew up with an Air Force dad (pilot) so I guess I am somewhat used to this lifestyle. I know it will be very different having a husband in though!!! :)

Did any of you move to the Quantico area while your husbands were at TBS? Were you able to bring all of your stuff?

I can't wait to get to know all of you! Have a great day.

Jenny

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
JenFisher03 said:
Did any of you move to the Quantico area while your husbands were at TBS? Were you able to bring all of your stuff?

My wife moved down with me and we brought all of our stuff with us so yes it is possible. ANyway welcome...and good luck.

MIWA05

Welcome, Jenny! My boyfriend just started Navy OCS.

You should request an invite to the private spouses corner- there are lots of ladies there that might be able to answer you questions and provide some support.

Glad to have you here!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome jen. Get your husband on line. A warning to both of you. AirWarriors can be rough. You better not have a thin skin. It has been discribed as an online ready room. Ask all the questions you guys have, after checking the archives or must read stuff first. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge here. Good luck to both of you and welcome aboard.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome aboard Jen. Grow a thick skin and don't be too shy of the "smashing" that sometimes goes on here. Don't worry, we're all good people at heart... well, except for some ;)

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Howdy Jen,

I moved my wife and (at the time) 8 week old boy to Quantico with me. We were lucky and walked right into housing which kept us from paying first/last months rent, deposits or utilities. The officer housing at Quantico is brand new, so I'm sure it's going to be difficult to secure a house. I'd definitely recommend that your husband look for a place while on liberty so he can move y'all out there ASAP.

Good luck, this is a great place for info.

BTW, we're from West Tx and went to Sul Ross St Un (part of the A&M system)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jenny, welcome to AW. You'll probably find this to be a place of compassion, support, information, knowledge, and experience. We run the gamut here--gun lovers, gun haters, SWO lovers :), SWO haters, tyes of people from Integers to A4sForever. Have fun and enjoy yourself. BTW, if your husband isn't a member yet, he should get on here. No, he can't post under your screen name. I'll make fun of him.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, ok. Fun's over people. Move along...nothing to see here.