• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'M GOING TO ACES 02JUN! PERSISTENCE IS THE KEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musiqlover

UPDATE:
I am screwed once again! After being told that I was going to ACES and they were about to setup my travel arrangements, I got a call from a Lieutenant in Miami who said that I was going over her head, and she said I was NOT going because "the class was full". Can you believe this? I have been given the run-around OVER, and OVER, and OVER again. I am not sure what to think now. Is there a lack of communication in the Navy? That sure seems to be the problem to me!

Sincerely,
Paul

Dear Forum,

First of all, I want to thank you all for your advice and all of the valuable information that you have given me about ACES. Although I am going to OCS 16JUN, I still felt I deserved the opportunity to attend ACES. My recruiter made a good attempt to get me in, but he couldn't secure me a spot. Fortunately I met a great man on the internet who is a Captain out of Corpus Christi. He gave me alot of advice and was very insistent on my attending ACES. So, after he heard that my recruiter couldn't secure me a spot, he pulled some strings and made it happen! However, it took MANY emails and phone calls for this to happen. However, today, two days before I have to leave for ACES, I got the call and leave Sunday!

Anyway, this was a GREAT lesson for me in that it taught me how you MUST be persistent if you want to make things happen, ESPECIALLY in the military.

Sincerely,
Paul

PM

Edited by - Musiqlover on 06/01/2001 18:22:26

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Paul, that's great! Have fun at ACEs, and of course in OCS!

bpikula

Hey Paul that's great. I guess I'll see you there. Are you driving or flying? I'm flying out of Jax at noon on Sunday. Do you know what wing you're in? They actually had to split us into two groups since there are so many people going. I'm in wing 5, we go to Whiting Field on Thursday for the simulators and flights. Anyways, I'm sure I'll see you Monday morning. Turn and cough....again..... again.......again. I can hardly wait!

2fast12

Hey Paul, congratulations on ACES. Be sure to tell us about it when you get back. I wanted to ask you about how to get in touch with any military pilots or officers in general via email or websites. I was wanting to get some information on medical stuff.

James

Mahler

Hey everyone...

After much red tape to wade through, I too will be heading to ACEs on sunday. But the B.S. never ends. You would think that I would get something explaining what to bring, what's going on, what happens when I get to the airport there.... NO!!! I got my travel orders, a flight itenerary and a "good luck, cuz you're on your own when ya get there" fairwell. I love the Navy. All I know is that I fly out there sunday morning and fly back to Arizona friday afternoon. What happens in between??? I have no idea. Looks like I'm gonna be winging it. I just hope I bring everything I need. See you all there....

James

ASUPilot

Jim,

I actually went to PRC ERAU during the 94-95 school year. I have many friends that have graduated from there and a couple are still around instructing...like Shawn Nash. If you see him tell him I said hello.

ASUPilot (Hayden)

Status
Not open for further replies.