• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'M BAAACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Hey guys,
I've just got back from my so called week at ACES. And here is what happened. I drove down from Valdosta the mornining of MArch25th. Upon my arrival I reported to the barracks as my orders instructed. And the clerks behind the desk looked as though they were surprised to see me. Luckily I was able to get a room, and actually it was quite nice, almost like a miny apartment.

But anyway when I arrived I immediately called the various phone numbers on my orders in an attempt to reach a point of contact. However, no one answered the phones, the pager # I had was incorrect, and their cell phone # was no longer in service. By this tim e I was a little agitated. I was in P-cola and that was it, I did'nt know who to talk to or where to go. So the next morning I got up and drove myself to NAMI (luckily I had an Itenerary) and I checked myself in with them, and I called my recruiter and told him the situation, and he gave me the # to the ACES coordinator Major Ardiss. And Guess what??!! Come to find out that the class was cancelled ten days prior!

I was ticked. But I took my flight physical anyway, and passed it no problem. But the Major was pretty cool. They did manage to give me a little impromtu tour of the base. I Checked out the simulator and I toured the swim facility. I went to the museum on my own. However, despite everything I did pick up a lot of info.

1. In reference to the T-34 flights THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SUSPENDED! I asked the major and he said that they were not. I did'nt get to fly because the Navy was'nt gonna gas up a plane just for me. But Again I assure you the flights are not suspended it came straight from the coordinator.

2. As for you weak swimmers out there (myself included) don't sweat it. I Had a Q @ A session with the swim istructors at API. And they said it is a very relaxed environment and they will take the time to help you swimm. And SNA's @ SNFO's go to the pool for an additional 5 weeks after they complete the 3rd class swim screen. He said if you can learn the breast stroke and be comfortabe with the water, by the time you leave OCS you should be a 2nd class swimmer.
He also said the same for API they are there to help you and the only ones who failed are the ones who gave up.

3. Last but not least the flight physical, Don't sweat it. The only thing they did different from my MEPS physical was dialate my eyes, and took my measurements. They did'nt even test my hearing they just used my MEPS results. And actually the MEPS Physical in my opinion was more intense. But anyway that about sums it up. I was pretty much finished by weds. but I had orders for the rest of the week. So for the rest of the time I just ate, slept, watched T.V and worked out.

Major Ardiss and 2nd LT Marcarthy helped eased things a little, so I'm thankful for that, and now the clock is ticking MAY19 OCS bound.

I know this was a little long winded but hey.

Stephen J. Hall

Musiqlover

Dear Stephen,

Damn, that sucks that you couldn't even take the T34 ride. How would you do it differently if you were to go again? Did you confirm that you were supposed to go to ACES before you went? Why was your ACES group cancelled? I am just inquiring about this because when I go I will have to take 4 UNPAID days off of work. I am a teacher, and make crap as it is, and can't afford to take those four days off and come to find out that my ACES class was cancelled!

Thanks,

Paul

PM

Dave Shutter

Musiqlover...I'm a overpaid burgerflipper myself and that time off is really gonna smart for me too, but I thought ACES took more like a week than four days: Leave on Sat, get settled in Sun, start Mon., finish Fri. and get back Sat.?

...but then again, you don't work weekends do you? God knows I do!

D

Stephen

Paul and Dave,
The reason my class was cancelled was because, according to the coordinator, there was only six people coming to the class, and higher command felt that it would be a waste of resources for just six people, so they cancelled it until they got more people.

And the class bieng cancelled came as a surprise to my recruiter also, he did'nt know either. After all I had orders cut and everything. As for being away from work, I'm currently a police officer in Valdosta GA. and we get 18 days of military leave a year. So I will still get paid from my regular job, and I faxed my travel voucher to my recruiter and I'm supposed to get back 385.00 for that week. So really when I look at it that way I just got a paid vacation.

Stephen J. Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.