• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe

Greetings from sunny (okay, not currently sunny) Pensacola! Well, for those of you who are wondering or even care the program that the Navy has come up with to give soon to be aviatiors 25 hours of flight time is real. I was picked up for the program this past Thursday and actually start flying on Monday in Destin, Fl. The idea is that you solo by your 15th hour and complete the program within 60 days. It's going to be pretty nice, it also looks like I'll be doing primary training with the Air Force at Moody. Not all bad, they have the new Texan II.

-Dave

Paul Burke

Doing the solo before even going to primary? IFS, what is that? What are the qualifications for getting selected to it?

Tahoe

It's random selection, there are 350 spots this year and you have three weeks to get picked up for it once you check into "A Pool". Do not go into the office asking for it, you won't get it, they will make sure of that. It's just luck of the draw if you get picked up for it. They were not taking any OCS grads the past three weeks because they had all types of ROTC grads coming out, but I was very lucky..4 guys from my class were picked up. Next fiscal year everyone will be required to do it, if you do not do well with IFS you will not be aloud to continue on in the program.

quote:
Doing the solo before even going to primary? IFS, what is that? What are the qualifications for getting selected to it?

Dave Shutter

Hey Dave...AWESOME!!! Greetings from NJ...congrats and good luck, you're a lock for Moody from what Ulmer told me, have fun and let us all know what it's like. I still want to go through Navy Primary but the more I think about the T-6 Moody the more tempting it gets! You're going to be one of the first Navy guys to fly the Texan II, you should be a good candidate for an IP slot in a couple years for that plane regardless of where you end up. Food for thought. I don't know if you ever talked to Grub, but I did and she said they did IFS in the Piper Tomahawk, Navy budget and all; cheap little plane, and I mean little: I have about a dozen hours in one (which keeps me out of the IFS lottery!) and you're gonna feel every little bump in the sky. Who else from our class got IFS and are you guys going to do regular API?

BTW, how's life in the condo and what does Negley have your drinking tolerance up to???

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 03/03/2002 22:37:48

beau

hehe.......the trama hawk is........WEAK! I'm so glad OU got rid of theirs before I got to the Aviation program. At least its something i guess. Lets just say that on a hot humid summer day in Norman, Oklahoma a trama hawk would run out of gas before it would reach 1000ft agl. Ok not really but it would not even be close to par with a Mentor or Texan 2....not even! Just learn the basic's and monkey skills to fly. That would be the best way to approach it! Luck be with ya.

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.