• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I survived SERE & all I got was this lousy tshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hello to everyone on the forum, it has been awhile since I left VP30 in Jacksonville, FL. I have returned from SERE, and booted up my computer for the first time in 3 and a half weeks! Honestly, I am sitting under a mountain of email, guestboook entries, and I am also pleased to see all the great posts that have been going on here at the forum. I have 30 days of leave till I report to VP4 in Hawaii, so I will be catching up on everything during the next week. So, for those that sent me an email or put up a forum post, and thought I had died or something (heck they did their damndest at SERE), I am alive and kicking!

Speaking of SERE, I got out of the field last thursday at 1230 (Pacific), and took the 2 hour bus ride back to San Diego. WOW, what training! I lost 15 pounds (didn't eat for 6 days), and learned alot. Unfortunately I can't go into anything, but suffice to say, I am glad that is over with! I promptly made 20 copies of my graduation certificate and gave them to my closest relatives, don't ever want to have to go through that again. What I CAN say is that the Officers, Chiefs, and POs are some of the most professional and dedicated instructors I have seen in my last 10 years in the Navy. A great school that was well run!

Well, that is it for now, but stand by for MAJOR changes to the website in the next few weeks. All the best to everyone.

John Wickham
War Criminal #34

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey John,
By chance did you meet the famous and very pregnant Sarah Deal, Capt USMC. She is the Corps first female aviator and currently works at SERE in San Dog. When you get to VP4, if you meet a guy named LCDR Eric Bethke, tell him Frumby says Hola. Good luck!
Frumby
War Criminal #49

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Frumby,

Yeah, I saw her, kind of hard to miss (pregnancy that is), when they introduced the whole staff to us during debrief on friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.