• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I screwed up....am I screwed?

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
I've been told that is replaces your first grade, but I'm going to verify that asap

I dropped out of high school, did extremely terrible the first two years of community college (1.71 gpa), spent two more years fixing those mistakes, transferred, and graduated dean's list within three semesters after that with an overall GPA of 3.24.

I haven't made it yet, but I've done everything I can for the past 4 years to fix my self and get ready for this. This next board will determine if my actions were sufficient.

If you want to be a Naval Aviator, get your priorities set and the motivation of becoming a naval officer and aviator will keep you on track.

NATHAN4748

I dropped out of high school, did extremely terrible the first two years of community college (1.71 gpa), spent two more years fixing those mistakes, transferred, and graduated dean's list within three semesters after that with an overall GPA of 3.24.

I haven't made it yet, but I've done everything I can for the past 4 years to fix my self and get ready for this. This next board will determine if my actions were sufficient.

If you want to be a Naval Aviator, get your priorities set and the motivation of becoming a naval officer and aviator will keep you on track.

So you're going the ocs route? I keep getting more and more encouraged after hearing from you guys about redeeming yourselves and deciding to turn it around and get it together. I wish you all the best with the coming boards. Good luck

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
So you're going the ocs route? I keep getting more and more encouraged after hearing from you guys about redeeming yourselves and deciding to turn it around and get it together. I wish you all the best with the coming boards. Good luck

Going OCS route. Mostly because it is my only viable option - but its one that I am growing to like more and more.

With OCS you can apply for only one designator, unlike ROTC (you put down a wishlist of three I believe), and really fine tune your statement. Use your previous failures as a student (provided you fix them) as a difficulty that you went through, a valuable learning experience (how you've learned to overcome adversity, and became a better candidate because of it). If you want I can PM you my motivational statement to see how I worked this into my application.

PM me if you ever need any help/motivation. I absolutely love helping people learn about the process, and giving hope to others who were in similar situations as myself. You've just got to have the passion, drive, and desire to serve as an officer/aviator. I've never wanted anything more in my life for as long as I can remember, and once I realized that even I might have a chance to be accepted, the motivation came and never left. I'm going on ~5 years now where everything I've done academically or physically has been to better myself as a person and potential officer candidate, and I'm loving every minute of it.