• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Love Helos

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Ugh. You're making me want to stay helos. What hardware is this? The seats look like they're out of a 90s Volvo. Great work by these guys.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
That is some impressive work. That is a job I wouldn’t mind having.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I got the agency wrong... not CalFire but LAFD - aircraft is in fact an AW139 though - N304FD

35535666913_52485c20d0_b.jpg

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Dream job. As I understand it from a small smattering of unconfirmed sources, sounds like it's pretty tough to get fire helo jobs, especially competing with Army warrants rocking three times the hours (and over terrain, for that matter).

I'll be putting in the research when the Navy years start to draw to a close, though.

EDIT: Retroactively admiring the idea of a "dream job" that I've put less than 60 seconds of research into. Amend to, "one day I will dream about this job."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dream job. As I understand it from a small smattering of unconfirmed sources, sounds like it's pretty tough to get fire helo jobs, especially competing with Army warrants rocking three times the hours (and over terrain, for that matter).

I'll be putting in the research when the Navy years start to draw to a close, though.

EDIT: Retroactively admiring the idea of a "dream job" that I've put less than 60 seconds of research into. Amend to, "one day I will dream about this job."

Plan your exit strategy. If that's after 20 years, so be it, and no ill-will. But if it's after Wings +x, then work what you want to work. Also, when "the time" comes (probably 2-ish years out), become a HAI member. I'm telling you first hand, it helps immensely.

ChuckMK23

pilot

Yeah I would not discount your skills and training so readily. This is not impossible territory. Totally doable. A little networking and you’d be surprised.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah I would not discount your skills and training so readily. This is not impossible territory. Totally doable. A little networking and you’d be surprised.

Well that's refreshing! But also the first time I've heard it. Tons of cool helo jobs out there where I saw some ridiculous amount of hours and simply sighed and closed the website. :(

ChuckMK23

pilot

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
That is some impressive work. That is a job I wouldn’t mind having.

Consider a transition to the ARNG. Most guard units do water bucket training annually and fight fires periodically. Recently we had a fairly junior M-day PC get picked up for a forestry job flying UH-1s.