• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I have a screw in my collar bone will i be denied?

Gilley

Its about 5 years old and i have never had any problems since, will this prevent me from flying or even getting into OCS?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I have two in my knee, so no, not necessarily. But I'll defer to someone with more medical expertise to get into more specifics for you.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Can't speak with authority....but I have a several screws in my wrist and they didn't keep me out of aviation...

If you have full range of motion, and no limitations, I would be surprised if it kept you out of anything.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Retained hardware will require a waiver; however, it is not necessarily a show-stopper. Feddoc can give you specifics.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
My right leg is full of screws and pins. It requires a shit load of paper work to get the waiver, but it's not a show stopper. They'll just want everything from your doctor or orthopedic surgeon.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...If you have full range of motion, and no limitations...

Isnt that the big thing they're looking for when issuing waivers? I know sometimes when theres too many people applying they can add restrictions to thin out the crowd... but typically if you're good to go, then you should get the waiver.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
What's in your body ---threadjack. :)

I have a staple in my heart. Nickel Beer night at Yankee Stadium...

No really, from heart surgery done at Walter Reed Medical.

I wasn't restricted in anything besides EA-6B (my femur was too long).

Apply. Work hard in school. Repeat (as necessary).

~Cicco

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Screws, pins, etc. are not normally anything to worry about. As others have said, Navy docs will do some range of movent tests, ask you if you are in any pain, and start the waiver process. Not a big deal at all...just a paperwork drill.

fastnumber15

TailSpin--classic low level
Had a metal rod in left leg, 4 screws, completely trashed colar bone, gave me the biggest worries, but offered the least trouble. Doc just asked me to stand on one leg and jump around, waivered in 3 months.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Had a metal rod in left leg, 4 screws, completely trashed colar bone, gave me the biggest worries, but offered the least trouble. Doc just asked me to stand on one leg and jump around, waivered in 3 months.

Holy crap... did you go base jumping in a squirrel suit and try to land without a chute?