• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Hate Glocks - For Bevo

CAMike

None
Contributor
Just another "Hate" video. Please tell the "Occupy" folks to go to Smyrna GA because ...well just because I want to read about it in the evening news.

btw I hear Bevo has become a Glock fan.

East

东部
Contributor
We carry the Glock 17 as standard sidearm in the military, best gun I ever had. Before that we carry the FN Browning, which was really an unreliable piece of shit.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I did a two day class with 600 rounds+ down range and my G17 Gen 4 had exactly one (1) malfunction, but it was magazine/shooter related (I don't think I fully seated the mag). No extra lube other than the previous cleaning and some grease on the rails before I started (to prevent wear). That said, man was my hand sore from the damn grip. Not the angle but the feel in my hand. It does feel like a 2x4.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I used to be indifferent (at best) about Glocks, but a friend sold me on the, "Most issued military sidearm (G17), and most issued police duty weapon (G22), so you should learn to use one," argument. Some wisdom there, I suppose. Regardless, I found a Gen 2 G22 (still NIB) for a song, raced it out a bit, and started using it for USPSA. I have a few dozen matches under my belt with it as my primary Production gun, and it has only let me down twice. Once was after the install of a Ghost 3.5 bar and springs, and it basically bump-fired an entire magazine at NC regionals. The other was last week, when I pulled it out of the safe to load up my range bag, checked it, went 'hammer down', and it didn't go click. The spring in the trigger group had sheered off...after about 9,800 rounds. Time to replace the springs anyway.

Had to roll to the backup: a RTF2 G17, very slightly raced out, mainly my wife's USPSA gun.

*--As a caveat, let me just say that there's no way in hell that I would carry or use one of the above Glocks for self defense in any capacity other than a last resort. I think there's too much imagined liability about 'modified' guns, blah, blah, blah. Maybe it's paranoia, but I imagine an overzealous DA having a field day with a 5+ lb stock trigger modified to 3.5 lb. I'll have enough trouble explaining why the baddies all have two rounds to the chest, and one to either the brain casing or pelvic girdle...

ETA: BTW, the RTF2 is shit, IMO. It's more prickly than anything else, and the few times I've used the G17 in competition, it's massively fucked up the shirt I was wearing. I'd stipple it like my G22 if she'd let me, but she doesn't want the kevlar callouses my stippling builds up.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
This is all I have ever needed.

IMG_0795.jpg