• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HSCP 2012

mrfrog

Hey all, just discovered this forum.

Is anyone besides myself applying for HSCP this year? Has anyone been accepted yet? My recruiter tells me that there are plenty of spots and that no one has been accepted yet, but I know of at least one member who has been accepted so I think his numbers are wrong.

coolchick

Stats:
Non-Prior Service
Community: HCA (FY-14 grad, state university)
Number of tries: 3 (A winner is loser who didn't quit)
Current Application Started: Jan 2012; Submitted: Mar 2012; Professionally Recommended: April 2012; Final Select: May 2012
Academics: Undergrad (Liberal Arts, private college) GPA 3.0-ish; Grad (Science, state university) GPA 3.4-ish; GRE (took prior to 08/2011) 11-something
The All-Important Basics: strong interviews; strong LOR's; regular exercise; charity and volunteer work; demonstrated leadership; good, clean living, etc., etc.

first_lady22

Hey Coolchick- I'm currently a senior undergrad at UCF studying health care admin and plan on applying for HSCP for grad school (health care admin track). I'm a prior E (aircrew/air warfare "go-getter" type), but am not too familiar on when I should start applying for HSCP or how to get interviews with medical service officers. Could you please tell me how far in advance you started working with a recruiter and how you sought out officers to interview?... Or any other gouge you wish you would've know before. I grad May '13 so I'm not really sure if I should go to a recruiter w/o any acceptance letters for grad school, but I have around a 3.3 gpa, am active in the campus health care admin student association, and was just elected to the executive board of the largest co-ed business frat on campus, so I'm pretty sure I'll get in to the CAHME accredited program here. Thanks in advance for any help thats offered and congrats on your selection.