• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HS Sophomore Looking at his options

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
First I'd like to say thank you to all the others who posted above.

Don't know how comparable to it is, but all of the training for my PPL I have done in a C152; don't think a cockpit can get too much smaller than that.

The T-45 cockpit is tiny and the Hornet cockpit isn't much bigger. There are dudes who simply don't fit in either of them and therefore can't fly them. You have to remember what tactical jet airplanes are designed for (Hint: It isn't creature comforts). Imagine being in a drysuit and 40lbs of gear, strapped into the drivers seat of a small British car (like an old MG) that you had to climb a ladder to get into. If you want a comfy cockpit and the ability to eat a hot meal and drop a deuce you're better off going AF.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Don't know how comparable to it is, but all of the training for my PPL I have done in a C152; don't think a cockpit can get too much smaller than that.
Well, now you know. I'm 6'2, it usually takes me memorizing where switches on the console are because there's zero chance I'm gonna be able to see around my big ass legs once I'm strapped in.

Which in turn leads me to turn the ECS full cold instead of turning the lights down like I was trying to. Next thing you know I'm in the Delta Easy IMC in the cockpit during solo night FCLPs. CHA-CHING!