• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Howard Dean - Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
<But if you win the race, you've still won!>

Akamifeldman, I'd first like to point out CNN doesn't have the greatest track record reporting on Iraq - since they admitted to not reporting Saddam's atrocities until Saddam was out of power. That is beside my point, though.

But CNN is a heck of a lot better than, oh say, Fox 'News.' Fully 80% of Fox News watchers had at least one major misperception of the Iraq war, compared to 55% for CNN or 23% for PBS watchers. Here's a link to the study, http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf while the agency's main webpage is http://www.pipa.org/
Someone mentioned FoxNews earlier, just thought I'd bring it up.

First, WMD. Why does everyone focus on this and not the FACT that Saddam thumbed his nose at UN resolutions for over a decade?
Why do we focus on it? Why do we focus on it!!!??? Because it was the major 'justification' for war! Inspectors were in place for nearly ten years and they couldn't find a single thing, now you expect 'everything' to be found all of a sudden? Having inspectors in place also served as a virtual check on Saddam, keeping him in his place. As for Saddam's disregard for the inspections, He didn't have any weapons! It's like a fistless bully threatening you on the playground (bad one, I know). What 'cookies' has he been taking? He didn't have weapons! Our own guy, our own guy in Iraq, David Kay, says this!

Does this make the U.N. weak? I would think so - no one has enforced their policies.
Really now? World diplomacy is best achieved through the long end of a spear? Inspections kept Saddam in check for years, invading Iraq inflamed Arab/Muslim-US tensions further, and remember that Saddam/Iraq had no ties to 9/11!

Enter the "Cowboy" as you so eloquently called our Commander-in-Chief. (Are you French or German by any chance?

Sorry, I insulted cowboys everywhere with that one. No, Bush isn't a cowboy, he's a right-wing fundamantalist Christian bassakwards former cokehead hypocritical vile garbage spewing bastard. Ooh, I even surprised myself with that one. You guys like that any better?
But to answer your question, no, I am an American, but not of the breed of Mr. Bush.

Oil - why do all the protesters always bring this up - to show their stupidity? Lets look at why France did not really want to go in and enforce the resolutions produced by a body they are a part of - Hmmmmm - because they had oil contracts with Iraq and were owed billions? That would seem like a pretty good reason to me. Take a look at the position of the countries that don't support us - and then try to figure out why - it isn't because they are peace loving and we are cowboys.

Yeah, I know, I kinda overstepped the boundaries with that one. It was getting late, and I had to wrap it up. But here's my responce: You're right, some European nations did have contracts with Iraq. So why didn't they want to go to war over it? Maybe because they wanted to keep the number of bludgenoned corpses down to a minimum. Maybe because they saw no existing evidence that Saddam has/had WMD. Maybe because there is no link between Saddam and 9/11. Going to war over monetary contracts with a senile guy in old age seems like a pretty bad reason to me, actually!

Now - a lesson in government (you might not have had that class in high school yet)...
Hey, you're right, I haven't had that class yet! Really, I take "American Government" spring semester, class starts tomorrow (1/28)! Yeah, you make a good point there, the majority is not always right. But that still does not mean that the leader can trump up claims and evidence to force public support for a misguided and unnecessary war.

It was representatives elected by the people that voted to give Bush the power to attack Iraq. (Most people forget that.)
Representatives did approve the resolution giving Bush power to go to Iraq...which was made on faulty information, misinformation reported by the Bush Administration (which is now blaming the intelligence community, etc.). There is still no evidence of the WMD!
I think that was about it, as always,

But I'm just a high school student, so don't go all ape on me.

riley

Wow.

akamifeldman, you obviously did not understand my analogy.

Lessons in Logic:

Your last post committed what is called a logical fallacy. Specifically, you posted an ad hominem argument - you attacked Bush and not the opposition's argument. When an ad hominem argument is presented, it usually means that you have no real supporting argument for your position and that you are struggling in your reasoning. (No worries, I'm sure everyone will forgive you because you are a high school student).

You also made the mistake of presupposing that because no WMDs have been found, none existed. That is like someone saying in 1890 that it is impossible for man to fly. Just because no one had flown up to that point does not mean that it wouldn't be possible. Likewise - just because no conclusive WMDs have been found up to this time doesn't mean that in the future they will be found. (You need to have other supporting reasons)

I'm not arguing with you anymore, because it can't be done - you commit too many errors for it to do any good. This is just for you to learn from so, hopefully in the future, I won't have to read your BS.

Where did all the humor go in this topic?

cricechex

The inspections weren't ever made because Saddam wouldn't allow it. They weren't ever able to do their job! They weren't ever "in place." Man lets just let everyone who hates us shoot at our planes and get away with it! OK Feldman is right. lets just sit back and take it up the ***.

penderwt

yut king
a few things...i know this argument is old, but i'm posting anyway...
cnn...communist news network.
-that pole that our little high school friend made reference to, the one that said FOX-watchers were ill-informed was constructed specifically to discredit fox. i no longer have the link, but i did see the survey those cnn, pbs, and fox viewers took, and the questions were unbelievably slanted, focusing solely on the failures in iraq (even the most successfull endeavors have their failures)...Gee-golly, I WONDER WHO MIGHT BE MORE AWARE OF THINGS GOING WRONG. my guess is the people who want to hear we're failing. the people who want the fall of conservativism in America, not realizing that would mean the implosion of THIS GREAT NATION. yeah, you're still in high school. what's sad is that there are 40-year-olds that still think that way.
pshh, good luck in the armed forces. don't go marines.

semper fi, to God and this great country.

p.s., that's my boss your talking about, and if you ever said that $hi+ in front of me, i think our political 'discussion' would be quite over.

penderwt

yut king
akamifeldman said:
<But if you win the race, you've still won!>
Sorry, I insulted cowboys everywhere with that one. No, Bush isn't a cowboy, he's a right-wing fundamantalist Christian bassakwards former cokehead hypocritical vile garbage spewing bastard. Ooh, I even surprised myself with that one. You guys like that any better?
But to answer your question, no, I am an American, but not of the breed of Mr. Bush.

you disgust me. just thought i would throw that in. i said last time i read your garbage not to join the marines. i think i'll revise that and say i don't believe you belong in any military service of America.

Status
Not open for further replies.