• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to Strengthen OCS package

heidibaschnagel

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to get selected, have a pretty solid GPA, Letters of recommendation, etc, and went through the April boards. At first, I found out I was not selected, and then my recruiter contacted me earlier this week and said that I was not selected, but am able to go through the next round of boards in august. What can I do to really make my packet stand out? I was concerned about taking the OAR again because I am a terrible test taker and fear a lower score. I can get more letters of recommendation, revamp my personal statement, and hope for the best, but I really am looking to see if there is anything particular I can do.

Thank you!
Heidi

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Without really knowing your background recommend asking the person who knows you best… your recruiter.

They can help you pin point weak spots and see what you can do to improve them.

heidibaschnagel

I did ask him his recommendations and am following them. I appreciate your answer! I can also elaborate a little.

I have a 3.2 GPA (degree is psych/special education), 40 oar score (waiver was approved), no prior military, four letters of recommendation, volunteer firefighter experience (two years).

exNavyOffRec

I did ask him his recommendations and am following them. I appreciate your answer! I can also elaborate a little.

I have a 3.2 GPA (degree is psych/special education), 40 oar score (waiver was approved), no prior military, four letters of recommendation, volunteer firefighter experience (two years).
age, what are you going for, any non-medical waivers (besides stated OAR waiver) are all vital pieces of the puzzle.

Did he just say revamp your statement and get more LOR's?

heidibaschnagel

age, what are you going for, any non-medical waivers (besides stated OAR waiver) are all vital pieces of the puzzle.

Did he just say revamp your statement and get more LOR's?
I’m 30 (just turned 30 in March), so an age waiver was needed.

He said to revise my statement explaining what I am currently doing in the meantime while waiting for August’s boards. So essentially just state that I am still interested despite getting a “no” on the first round, if I am continuing any volunteering or if I started any new volunteering positions. And then just adding another LOR.

exNavyOffRec

I’m 30 (just turned 30 in March), so an age waiver was needed.

He said to revise my statement explaining what I am currently doing in the meantime while waiting for August’s boards. So essentially just state that I am still interested despite getting a “no” on the first round, if I am continuing any volunteering or if I started any new volunteering positions. And then just adding another LOR.
What designators are you trying for?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You need to boost that OAR score.

heidibaschnagel

I will more than likely retake it, I have used quite a bit of the materials posted on here and did a lot of studying, but just am a mediocre test taker

Astro_Rekt

How many times did you practice taking the test? By practice, I mean putting that time limit on yourself and emulating it as closely as possible? You can study the material forever but unless you can answer all the questions in the timeframe, it won't be as valuable IMO.