• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to make myself more competitive?

Gustafel

27, Male, 5'5.5", working on getting into height/weight requirements. 3.0 GPA in music (no I'm not joking), 0.5 hours of flight training, haven't taken the ASTB yet. I'm still working on working off the weight, and I've heard rumors of the FY22 slots already being closed, so any which way I've got time: how can I make myself a more competitive candidate between now and the time I actually fit inside the weight requirements? I already talked to some AF guys and they basically told me AFROTC for a master's or second degree or I'm screwed. I figure the answer probably won't be much better here, but I figure I'm going to try no matter what, so I might as well give it my best try.

Please and thank you for advice.

kookylukey

One of the biggest factors is the ASTB so take it and then you will know where you lie. The August board is going to select aviators for FY23 anyway so you may as well start talking to a recruiter if you're serious about it.