• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to get into the Academy

Landonian44

I am a junior in high school and am just beginning the process of applying for summer seminars and getting in touch with my congressman and senator. I would like to here what the process is like from people have already gone through it. Also, what are some tips for applying for the Naval Academy?

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Maybe if we made the search button bigger, like obnoxiously bigger...

...other than that, good luck. Review the threads and fire away with any unanswered questions.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of guys here are mids or grads. I didn't go to the boat school but am a Blue and Gold Officer. PM me for some insight on the app process.

D

DesertRat

BDCP or NROTC

Save yourself a lot of hassle and BS, look into the BDCP and NROTC. You'll have a lot more fun for those college years. BDCP is a great program.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you know? Did you go to the Academy?

Regardless, it's still good advice if he wants to be a naval officer. Definitely check out NROTC as it pays for many good schools out there.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you're a Junior you ought to check out the Summer Seminar Program they have for high schoolers. It will give you first hand insight into the Academy and gives you a peek on your life (or lack of) as a midshipman.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Regardless, it's still good advice if he wants to be a naval officer. Definitely check out NROTC as it pays for many good schools out there.

Yeah, but trashing the Academy is not that good of a technique when it comes to advising someone who wants to go to one.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
This is coming from someone who did a little bit of both. OK, more like a little Academy and a lot of NROTC. Do what YOU want. Don't listen to anyone else. They're both great avenues, and they both have their ups and downs. My advice? Once you pick one, do it and don't look back. Your ultimate goal should be becoming a Naval Officer, not being a Naval Academy/NROTC Mid. Pick your route and give it your all.

phrogpilot73

I think that HH-60H's point was that making a blanket statment that you'll enjoy the college years better if you go to NROTC is ill-advised at best. I always tell people to look at all the options and pick the best one for them. We're not saying that BDCP/NROTC isn't good advice, or an admirable way to go. We're just saying that unless you've gone to the Naval Academy, you can't make a statement that other schools will be more enjoyable. For what it's worth, I enjoyed my time at the Boat School.

phrogpilot73

Maybe if we made the search button bigger, like obnoxiously bigger...
Something like this?

finger_search_button_world.jpg