• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much help are LOR's?

User1993

I'm just curious. Would having an LOR from a current Marine Naval Aviator be a giant help? Or would it just be like any other LOR?

Sorry if I phrased this in a bad way, or made myself look as though I'm trying to rely on someone's word rather then my own hard work to get a leg up. I can assure you that is not the case.

-Thank you for your insight

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has he/she seen you work? If the aviator was/is a supervisor to you, then it would definitely be a giant help.
Totally agree, the most important part of a favorable LOR, is that it comes from someone who knows you well, and indicates that in the letter. The writer can be an immediate SupervisorManager on up to a high ranking Executive/Officer (all the better if they actually know you). The LOR from your Shop Chief carries more weight than a standard "fill in the blanks" LOR from a Senior Officer/Executive who perhaps never met you. Selection boards can tell the difference.;)

Your Teachers/Professors, Sports Coaches, Volunteer Supervisors, and Scout Leaders also can be effective sources for LORs!:)
BzB