• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much does the ASVAB contribute to a CEC collegiate package?

JimIII

OR told me that the CEC recently made it a requirement for all CEC collegiates to take the ASVAB so that if OCS doesn't work out they will go in as an enlisted Seabee. How much weight (if any at all) is given to the ASVAB when the board sits to pick CEC collegiate?

For reference, I received a 63 on my OAR and I currently have a 3.95 GPA. Would a non stellar ASVAB take away from my package?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
OR told me that the CEC recently made it a requirement for all CEC collegiates to take the ASVAB so that if OCS doesn't work out they will go in as an enlisted Seabee. How much weight (if any at all) is given to the ASVAB when the board sits to pick CEC collegiate?

For reference, I received a 63 on my OAR and I currently have a 3.95 GPA. Would a non stellar ASVAB take away from my package?

None and you sort of answered your own question if you read it over...

exNavyOffRec

This seems to me like the OR is trying to set you up to go enlisted, the few I knew of that failed out of OCS were sent to RTC and the rates were the "needs of the USN", Seabees are not easy to get into whether enlisted or officer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@Jim what do you mean "if OCS doesn't work out"? If you attrite or DOR OCS as a Collegiate you will go enlisted one way or the other. If you simply are not selected for the program they will not automatically consider you for enlisted or force you to apply.

I put quite a few guys into NUPOC, BDCP and CEC Collegiate back in the day. CNRC never required an ASVAB "just in case". Honestly it is a waste. Anyone who is accepted to CEC Collegiate has the education, GPA, and resume to qualify for most any rating on classification.

JimIII

@Jim what do you mean "if OCS doesn't work out"? If you attrite or DOR OCS as a Collegiate you will go enlisted one way or the other. If you simply are not selected for the program they will not automatically consider you for enlisted or force you to apply.

I put quite a few guys into NUPOC, BDCP and CEC Collegiate back in the day. CNRC never required an ASVAB "just in case". Honestly it is a waste. Anyone who is accepted to CEC Collegiate has the education, GPA, and resume to qualify for most any rating on classification.

I think that was just how my OR was trying to explain it to me. He said I was the first collegiate that he's processed under the new rule of collegiates having to take the ASVAB so there may have been confusion.

Aem022407

I think that was just how my OR was trying to explain it to me. He said I was the first collegiate that he's processed under the new rule of collegiates having to take the ASVAB so there may have been confusion.

This is true. I am currently a Seabee reservist as well as a prior. I am waitinh results from 13 Apr board and had to retake asvab also, even though I took it 15 years ago. What is your major, if you dont mind me asking?