• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many people??

Status
Not open for further replies.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
So how many people had some "jitters" about going and being sworn in? IE: You know that this is something that you really really want to do, but you still have some apprehension?

pat

Meridiani

I was both excited and slightly nervous at my swearing-in. Excited, because I'd finally made it!! Nervous, because the entire recruiting district was watching me recite the oath of enlistment.
scared_125.gif
It is a little unnerving signing your life away on a dozen forms and then standing up in front of twenty uniformed sailors...but everyone of those sailors shook my hand afterwards and welcomed me into the Navy. That was a terrific feeling.
bouncy_125.gif

BYSun

I wasnt jittery at all, or at least not due to apprehension.

I was just excited as he%% to get in and sign the docs
jump2_125.gif
before they realized they made a mistake and took it away from me
dunce_125.gif

I spent the rest of the day in a sort of ecstatic hazy mist
smgreen_125.gif
(no, it wasnt the LA smog).
yuck_125.gif

Still, thinking back, probably one of the best days of my life to date.
shades_125.gif

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

tali264

No jitters at all. I didn't have to swear in in front of anyone besides my recruiter and an enlisted guy (and that's cuz he took a picture). In fact.....I was nervous about making my decision for quite some time. In fact I asked everyone I knew for their opinion. And as always nobody wanted to say one way or the other....I just kept getting "whatever you want to do" or "we're behind you whatever decision you make". Which is absolutely worthless. Doesn't help at all. It took some guy I knew and respected from high school to tell me why he didn't apply for the Naval Academy (after being pushed to by his family) for me to realize why I wanted to do it. It was odd, but hearing his reasons and realizing that's exactly what I wanted made everything quite clear. But after I made it, that night I just knew it was the right decision and I haven't looked back since. hehe...too long an answer???
tongue_125.gif

BYSun

I know what you mean Beth,

I have found that time makes things clear in the absence of true adversity. Every day that goes by, and we get closer to Pensacola, I am more excited, and happy with my decision. To me, that is the kind of contentedness which only comes when you are on the right path. I believe if one has made the wrong decision (Something that is against their real personality, true nature, karma, chi, call it what you will) then they will come to regret their decisions.

BTW, got your PC, but have been to busy (read lazy) to respond. Lo siento, but one is certainly coming...promise. ~_^

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

tali264

Originally posted by howlermonkey
glad you're onboard. Go hawkeyes. tell me when you get down here ;)
I start Oct. 4th, but I'll be down there a few days earlier. We'll have to meet up then - possibly more chicken wings?!?!
bouncy_125.gif
Are you in API?

Meridiani

Hmmmm...well, I guess I'm just a weirdo.
dopey_125.gif
I was nervous at my wedding, too, even though I was absolutely positive that I wanted to marry my husband. I guess for me, excitement and nerves go hand in hand. I'm just not as zen as Bryce and Beth.
goldfish_125.gif

Logan Ridley

Shoot, I was scared/excited/jumpy as heck the day I signed up!! However, I have spent countless nights not sleeping because I was happy and couldn't wait to start and no nights disappointed with my decision. Now, 10 days before I leave, I'm freaked out in that totally excited and ancy way! There has been no buyer's remorse and I can't believe that I'm next in line!!

apendle

I had alot of nervous energy you could say. I wasn't scared about the swearing in, I was pretty melodramatic about the whole thing. But when I saw my fiance crying I started to realize the magnitude of the moment.
We all are truly blessed to given this opportunity to do such a meaningful thing with our lives. I hope I speak for all when I say that I won't ever take this opportunity lightly, and I will do all within my power to see to it I succeed at everything that is put in front of me.
Remember that we are all in this together, and it is vital to see to it
that we help all of our shipmates get through our careers together.......Sorry I got a little emotional there. See ya in the fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.