• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How Long Will There Be FO's In USMC?

greatvaluebrand

Last I heard the sundown for the f-18 and EA-6B platforms was 2014 or 15, is that still on track or did budget cuts move that timeline back?

Ryan Hanna

pilot
Just as a fair warning, all the moderators and frequent visitors typically appreciate when people search for their answers first before posting a question of there own. I do believe that I have seen a couple other threads that you could probably find to help you out. As far as your question, I am certainly no expert and do not have any inside information but I'll give you my opinion that I've gathered thanks to all the help on this site. I would highly doubt that the Marine Corps will just dump all of its Hornets and Prowler's any time soon. That would get rid of a ton of assets and their is no viable airframe to replace the capabilities that they provide at the time. From some other answers that I've seen, it seems that the general consensus is that NFO's will probably be around for another 10 to 20 years.

81montedriver

pilot
Great value is right on the money. The newest Av Plan has around 2019 as well and is your source document for that type of stuff.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, it seems like I was wrong. If that's true it kind of stinks.
But it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, especially if the OP knowingly took an NFO slot. In other news the future is bright for the Navy NFO community.