• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How far did you go to take the ASTB?

smattles1of2

I'm going Navy. :) I called the Citadel and they are giving the test on the
8th, so as long as they have an extra test, they said I can do it there. Doesn't give me a ton of time to study, but I think I have a little handle on things.

Oh, if I am planning on trying for Supply, will I still have to take the aviation parts of the test? I'm studying just in case, but geez...I don't know any of that stuff!

ironmanc

you just have to take the OAR, which consists of math, reading comprehension, and mechanical (simple physics) sections. the ASTB includes a spatial apperception section, aviation/nautical knowledge, and an extra mixed section - and is only required if you are interested in intel or an aviation designator. good luck!

smattles1of2

ironmanc - if I can ask, were the mechanical questions more similar to the ASTB prep test found on here or more like the sample test from the ARCO book that is online? It seems like they are completely different styles.

Just curious. :)

RachelGuy

Rachel
smattles1of2 said:
I live in Charleston, SC on the navy base but my recruiter wants me to go to Columbia to take the ASTB. That's like a 100 mile drive, but that's the nearest officer recruiter office. Do you think I can ask to take the test here? I don't mind driving I guess, but if I can take it right down the street, i'd rather do that!

Maybe I'll give him a call later, just wanted to see if this was normal or not. :)

I understand exactly! I'm taking it in Columbia on Tuesday, after driving from Clinton, SC! (Not as far as Charleston---I do that drive on the weekends to visit friends and family in Charleston---but still....a pain)