• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnutz

i'm going to submit my application package this week. i understand ocs spots are very tight, if not filled completely for '03. if everything is full, would the selection board consider me for next year or would i be rejected and have to re-apply next fiscal year? thanks

WFU2USN

Just apply! If you do not get a billet, re-apply later in the year! Applying again shows your resilience and desire to be a Naval Officer.

Good luck!

:)Robin

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I've seen this word used many times on this website, but I dont know what it means. Billet? Can someone explain?

Semper FI

WFU2USN

A billet is an opening or a spot for something - typically related to berthing/quarters/etc. A different example: when I was on active duty, I'd call the detailer and ask for what open billets (jobs) were available.

Has anyone else on active duty used that before? I know it became familiar to me after I came in the Navy and I've heard my sister (a PO) and bro-in-law (a Chief) use it...

jlinscott

I have always used it to mean a job or duty station. For example I called my detailer to see what shore billets were available to STG's (Instructor duty in San Diego, Recruiting Duty in Denver, etc).

Hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.