• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do I go from VTU to SELRES?

johnleeusn

Hello,

I've talked to a number of people on this subject, but haven't really had luck.

I went from AD to IRR as 1105 in 2014, then affiliated with VTU in 2015. Looking to affiliate with SELRES to be in a pay status, but hasn't been successful.

In July, I just came off recall, so I think I fall into the "recently separated" category, and it looked like I just have to send NAVPERS 1200/1 request to the CTO. Is this where I need help from the recruiter? Or can I send it directly?

I'd love to hear if anyone has done this and how it went.

Thank you in advance!

snake020

Contributor
I went from IRR-ASP to SELRES in 2018 and my understanding is the process for VTU is the same. If that's true, you need to work with an officer/NAVET recruiter and the biggest hurdle will be getting a physical. For me, I was not allowed to get one at a DoD medical facility and directed I had to go to MEPS because I had a VA rating.

johnleeusn

I went from IRR-ASP to SELRES in 2018 and my understanding is the process for VTU is the same. If that's true, you need to work with an officer/NAVET recruiter and the biggest hurdle will be getting a physical. For me, I was not allowed to get one at a DoD medical facility and directed I had to go to MEPS because I had a VA rating.

Thanks man, how recent does it have to be? I just did one in JUL for separation. Just wondering if I can use that.

snake020

Contributor
Thanks man, how recent does it have to be? I just did one in JUL for separation. Just wondering if I can use that.

Sorry, I skimmed over the fact that you were on recall. I would call and email the CTO and see if they can help you transition directly:

If I recall correctly, they can help you if you're within six months of separation, but you should talk to them to get the answers.