• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how 'bout a Firearms forum

Yay or Nay

• Y

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • N

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
there seem to be a lot of firearms related threads (imagine that, gun nuts in the military), so maybe their should be a forum dedicated to it. thoughts?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does it totally belong here? No. Are the firearm threads going to go away? No. Will it contain the numerous firearms threads into one neat location? Yes.

I vote YES! :)

KBayDog

I'm a gun nut, but this is AIRWarriors. There are plenty of other places to discuss firearms.

I think there are already too many forums; many of the rarely-visited ones could/should be done away with. Perhaps if some of the less popular forums are nixed, I could support a gun forum.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
I think there are already too many forums; many of the rarely-visited ones could/should be done away with. Perhaps if some of the less popular forums are nixed, I could support a gun forum.

I'm kinda with you on this view.... there are too many unused forums or many that cover the same topics.

oh well.... just thinking out loud i suppose

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
KBayDog said:
I'm a gun nut, but this is AIRWarriors. There are plenty of other places to discuss firearms.

Could not agree more. We already have enough unrelated crap that goes on. Plus all that will do is open the door for..."My dad told me that the navy seal sniper guy uses a daisy bb gun" type posts.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Don't we already have a firearms forum? Isn't that the Marine forum? :icon_viki

Oh, and if it's Airwarriors, then why do we have rooms for shoes/suppo's/etc.?

I'm all for a forum dedicated to stuff that goes boom.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
Plus all that will do is open the door for..."My dad told me that the navy seal sniper guy uses a daisy bb gun" type posts.

Don't worry, I'm on top of those, as are a few other members ;)

Tripp

bch said:
Could not agree more. We already have enough unrelated crap that goes on. Plus all that will do is open the door for..."My dad told me that the navy seal sniper guy uses a daisy bb gun" type posts.
What percentage gets SAW?

:D

Sorry, my bad. But someone had to say it.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Tripp said:
What percentage gets SAW?

:D

Sorry, my bad. But someone had to say it.

Anyone who scores a 62 NSS out of primary gets chainsaws. But you have to be coming from Vance to be eligible :icon_tong

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My server -- Comcast -- has been crapping out/slowing down on me all day --- still is .... I'm back from the "home"; required to check into the "offenders" wing every week or two or ..... they make me sleep there on a layover.

Of course we should have a "firearms "forum" on this website --- look at the interest firearms discussions generates. We have even brought out of the woodwork a couple of new members as a result. We may be Aviators (primarily), but we are still military men/women --- at least the last time I checked. We used to be required to qualify to even be an aircrew(wo)man ... is that still the policy ??? If you don't like firearms or the discussion thereof: Then don't read it --- just like I don't partake of many forums on this site that hold little interest for me personally .... Right? Or am I wrong? And if we want to start enumerating the forums on this site that have NOTHING to do with "AIR"warriors ..... the possibilities are positively mind-boggling if some want to start splitting hairs -- no split ends here.

The problem with "other" firearms websites is that they truly attract a high percentage of "nuts" and guys who are firearms "nut/geeks". At least we have somewhat of a "filter" on this site against the aforementioned "nut/geeks" because of who we are/who we want to be ..... that's a positive. Again --- if you don't like or/want a "firearms" forum on this fine site --- then DON'T PARTICIPATE !! -- no one will miss your lack of input. :)

I had a couple of great illustrations .... but the server .. too ... choke, gasp, wheeze ... sloooooooooww ..... help me ...

Tripp

A4sForever said:
I had a couple of great illustrations .... but the server .. too ... choke, gasp, wheeze ... sloooooooooww ..... help me ...
What?!?!? An A4s post without pictures?!?!?

I'll help ya out, brutha:

ethan-crazy.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Apparently, nothing was ever decided re: the question put forth by the original poster .... but:

Logoseal.GIF
M1_Garand_Rifle.jpg

CMP National Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and M16 EIC Matches Program Available. Shooters interested in attending the 2005 National Matches and participate in the John C. Garand, Springfield, Vintage Military Rifle or M16 EIC Matches can now find the official pro­gram for these events posted on the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/NM/CMPGames.htm. Printed copies of the program to be distributed at club meetings or gun shows may be requested from CMP Competitions, 419-635-2141, ext. 1132 or competitions@odcmp.com. Check out the program and then make plans to shoot in these popular matches this summer at Camp Perry. On-line entries are now open; go to the CMP Competition Tracker at http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi, select “Upcoming Matches and Events,” select the “National Trophy Rifle Matches” and follow instructions to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.