• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How Bad Does It Hurt To Have Smoked The Cheeba

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

:icon_smil :icon_smil When I was freshman in College I smoked weed. I admitted this on my application, will they be freaked out or will they understand? :icon_smil

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I had a friend in high school who faced the same thing while applying for NROTC senior year.

He had some interesting discussions with the recruiter and had to fill out some extra blocks on his application - but he got in and I believe that was the last thing anyone ever said about it. I think explaining it to his parents was worse for him than having to talk to the recruiter about it. His mom saw the application before he mailed it off.

I don't know that they'll "understand", but you're better off having told them the truth about it because if it had come out later you would have been screwed.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Let's put it this way, it's the only illegal drug you could have done and still be eligible. If you did crack, heroin, ecstasy, you're done. That's what my recruiter said. He then said, if you've smoked pot, it's ok, just tell me now, and basically promise not to do it again.

It shouldn't affect your chances. One of our guys at OCS for Sub nuke smoked pot before, and he got the necessary clearance to be a nuke. I think the navy realizes that people are going to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.