• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hop Rhizomes - Free (beer donations accepted)

MasterBates

AW Crew-

I've got some leftovers from my Hops planting (that I just finished)

I have one rhizome (root cutting for the not botanically inclined) each of the following varieties. They are viable, and look good, but I'm not sure how well they will ship.

Anyone local wants to swing by my house on Willoughby to pick them up, they are yours.
Shipping? I'll pack them and whip em out priority, but I'm not sure how well they will tolerate that after being shipped here from Oregon.

Varieties:
Chinook
Fuggle
Magnum
Nugget
Willamette
Zeus

I paid $4.50 each for them, and will accept donations of homebrew, or decent hoppy microbrew if you are local. If you are not local, buy me a beer if you run into me or another AW member somewhere.

They are going to be listed elsewhere, so it's first come, first serve.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
If I were staying put for a bit, I would come get them and plant them. But I'll likely be off for Kentucky in a month or two. Having never produced my own hops before, what's the general timeline from planting, to ready to use?

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, though.

MasterBates

Plant in spring, have cones later in summer. First year yield is a tad low from my research, but it's a perennial.

Plus, I'm making a cool pulley cable trellis that makes it easy to lower them to check on them, and for harvest.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Are there any kind of peculiarities, WRT temp, humidity, soil type and pH, etc? I had mentioned to one of the folks recruiting me for the job in KY that I had a small garden here (mainly to offset produce costs, but also for some varietal stuff that NC doesn't have), and he went off for about an hour, extolling the virtues of Kentucky soil. I now know more about said soil than I do about my probable new job...

I've seen the trellis things before and I'm not surprised that you're going that way. What about harvesting? Having brewed just a bit myself (laundry room absolutely RANK w the current batch in primary right now), I've mainly gotten ahold of the prepackaged pelletized stuff. Do you have to dry your yield? Standard kind of dehydrating process?