• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HMX-1 platforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Phrog: School me. When you're instructing (dual), is that time considered PIC for you? I know it goes on your TT. I noticed most civilian helo jobs want like 1500-2000 TT, 1000 PIC. Sounds like if IP time counts as PIC, it could make someone real marketable if they chose to EAS, and seek civilian employment. The reason I ask all this is that I think I really want to go helos. I joined the Marine Corps to be with Marines. I do not want to be in jets (which would still be great) if it means I have to spend all my time with the Navy. Any comment?

Lt. "Can't get enough gouge"

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
All your IP time is PIC time--you're signing for the A/C; your butt is on the line if it crashes; etc. Helo IPs get anywhere from 400-700+ hours a year, so you are very competitive for civilian helo work by the time you're done. 'Course, that time isn't worth much if airlines are your bag.

I did two 6-month floats. That's pretty much the norm. To be "MOS credible," you're expected to do 2 floats before going to your next duty station. That's definitely true in assaults; it's less true for skids, and not at all the case for F/W.

Phrogs phorever

Status
Not open for further replies.