• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

High Finance or Aviation - Fearful of making a choice I will regret.

croakerfish

pilot
Im a little late, but why not keep the finance job and do Air National Guard? You can keep your job and fly pointy nose things!
People keep talking about this like you just walk up and say what up I wanna fly your F-16’s on drill weekends. Sure, they pick people up and send them to UPT but the math is much, much different than getting selected for active duty, and they are definitely looking for a bit more availability than a finance bro can give them.
Speaking as a TAR guy in a flying unit, reservists who aren’t available for at least 2 months total per year are a waste of a billet.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
People keep talking about this like you just walk up and say what up I wanna fly your F-16’s on drill weekends. Sure, they pick people up and send them to UPT but the math is much, much different than getting selected for active duty, and they are definitely looking for a bit more availability than a finance bro can give them.
Speaking as a TAR guy in a flying unit, reservists who aren’t available for at least 2 months total per year are a waste of a billet.
More importantly, as a finance bro, I need to select which weekend of the month I fly and I require no fewer than 15 hrs of flight time between Saturday and Sunday. Friday evening starts aren’t good for me either.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
More importantly, as a finance bro, I need to select which weekend of the month I fly and I require no fewer than 15 hrs of flight time between Saturday and Sunday. Friday evening starts aren’t good for me either.
Holy cow are you a SELRES in my unit?? Do you also snivel “no events before 1500” all week during AT so you can continue remote-working your real job?

“Uh, can I use your office to take a call?”

“… No.”

“😔”

croakerfish

pilot
Holy cow are you a SELRES in my unit?? Do you also snivel “no events before 1500” all week during AT so you can continue remote-working your real job?

“… No.”

“😔”
Back at it in the clown-copter?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

“… No.”

“😔”

This is EXACTLY why I went VTU. Now I get to say "Don't yell at me... I'm a volunteer."

:D