• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HHG during OCS

almond_615

I'm a single reservist and have never been AD. If I'm selected for OCS, what would happen to my household goods? Would I just need to put everything in storage at my own expense?

AULANI

I'm a single reservist and have never been AD. If I'm selected for OCS, what would happen to my household goods? Would I just need to put everything in storage at my own expense?
Yes or keep it in your place and keep paying a rent/mortgage.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Sell or donate most of your stuff. Buy a used Jeep. Enjoy the single life.

By the way, your orders to OCS will allow you to legally break any lease you have today, without penalty. If your landlord says otherwise or haggles you over a deposit, etc., report back here.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Yeah...because AW will be able to fix it for him...
He could go get a lawyer for $800-1,000, or he could ask here and some salty hinge will point him to the specific statute in his state for military tenant renters that he can then use to scare off his landlord for the same effect, but cheaper. Not everyone’s automatic first move is “hire costly lawyer.”

almond_615

Guys,

I got that part down. Was more justing trying to figure out what to do with all my stuff. But first, I gotta get selected.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
He could go get a lawyer for $800-1,000, or he could ask here and some salty hinge will point him to the specific statute in his state for military tenant renters that he can then use to scare off his landlord for the same effect, but cheaper. Not everyone’s automatic first move is “hire costly lawyer.”

Or conversely he could talk to his recruiter who could probably give him a letter for his landlord quoting all the applicable stuff. I’m sure his recruiting district has run into this in the past.