• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HELP!! PRK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

what all do they do at the flight physical? do they focus mainly on eyes/ears, or do they go through your entire medical history with you and do other funky tests, too?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Good call txpike on the REAL flight physical before OCS.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

txpike

the flight physical is an all day adventure that starts at 0600 and finishes around 1600. They do not focus on just one thing, they just do a very comprehensive anaysis of your body from dental to eyes to EKG stuff. Then at the end you see the Flight Surgeon and he goes most to the physical for you. Of course they have to wait for the x-rays and the blood/urine samples to come back before they can qualify you, but you can talk to him about you eyes, etc. The navy will pay for you to have it also. Why not?

Jim

txpike,

how did you manage to get a flight physical before ocs? are you prior enlisted? i'm on BDCP right now and thought about getting a flight physical a Willow Grove NAS here in PA, but my recruiter isn't sure if its possible since i'm technically not an aviator yet. thanks for your input.

-jim

txpike

hey jim, no I was not a prior enlisted. My recruiter was the one who set it up for me in corpus. I told him that I had heard 'horror' stories about people going all the way OCS just for NAMI to tell them sorry. this is my life we where talking about, so I want to know if I am going to be physically qualified. He was very understanding that I was about to give the navy at least 8-10 years of my life and I wanted to just get the right answers. He called up the flight surgeons at corpus and they said to come down and they would give me the same flight physical they give to their SNA in primary down there. I think the recruiters don't want you to do it because you might decide this isn't for you. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.