• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help please....difficult application process

zaleskb1

I would greatly appreciate any kind of assistance or advice. I have been in the application process for over 4 years now..without ever submitting an actutl package. I have gone through numerous recruiters and multiple "lost documents." I finally got a chance at an interview, but that was cancelled when I showed up. Where else can I turn? Is this a runaround? I am willing to dedicate my life to the Navy Reserve and it seems I am not taken seriously.

My ASTB scores....OAR 53, AQR 5, PFAR 5 and FOFAR 4

ps...I will probably post this in other threads at Air Warriors

I thank you all greatly for any assistance, but most importantky your service.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I

ps...I will probably post this in other threads at Air Warriors

PS ... thats not necessary and will only piss people off. This is a very active board, people are going to see your post... be patient.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
I'm new here and don't have a shred of advice (at least that would help you with your application process) but I can say that you need to elaborate on what exactly you have done to date. You say you have been trying to get in for 4 years without submitting a package. For the people who can help you, maybe give a timeline or something to evaluate you on? read: explain your situation more, it just seemed like a really desperate statement more than attempt to illicit any actual help.

zaleskb1

Sure...I have completed an SF-86 at least 3 times (including online version), and submitted to recruiters multiple times the following forms: the 1131_2, APSR 2, SSN disclosure form, tattoo disclosure form, medical history form, REV 10-81 for security investigation. I am with my 4th recruiter (unsure whether priors were promoted or stopped recruiting). I have been told a few times, by different recruiters, that some of my documents had been "misplaced."

In 2009 I took ASTB Form # 3....scored 53 5/5/4

My goal is to get a complete package together for submission and hopefully acceptance as an officer in the USNR. If that fails, then I try again and again until I accomplish this goal.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
For starters in any part of military life, make sure every single form you fill out, copy them and store them in a folder (a copy of it just for yourself).The really important ones, YOU keep the original. Keep just your application documents in that folder. Also when you fill them out leave the signature and date form blank, copy them, and then stick that in your folder. So the next time a recruiter says you need to fill out another document you have already completed once before, pull that copy out of your folder, sign it, date it, and hand it to him and say "ok what else?" Is your GPA good? Think about retaking the ASTB to make your package better? (heh)

Look I do not know a thing about the Navy, except that I'm not sure it is easy to walk into an OCS accession straight into the reserve side of the house, these other people will know.

That being said, is English your first language and are you a US Citizen? I'm guessing that is a yes, as you mentioned the SSN disclosure form.

zaleskb1

I am US citizen, 28 yrs old, and definitely learned to have originals, copies and blank signature/date copies as well. GPA is so-so at 2.9 for BA in Political Science, minor history and philosophy...I am currently seeking Masters with American Military Univeristy, so hopefully that will enhance GPA which I already know is gonna be way better. About the ASTB, of all the recruiters Ive talked to, locally and nationally, all have said not to retake it. My job..investigator (cant delve any further into that)

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Based on the limited information that you provided, it sounds like you're not competitive. That's probably why you're not holding the recruiter's attention. Although to be fair, they should have told you that up front instead of stringing you along with claims of "misplaced forms." Maybe they have been clear with you, and you're choosing not to hear what they're saying?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Concur above.. in this economy (buzz phrase of the last couple years), you have dudes with stellar GPA's in technical degrees or Masters/PhD and strong references with high ASTB scores. The Navy is in "force shaping" mode and can afford to be picky. Just b/c your ASTB is "good enough" doesn't mean it is competitive. I had a 2.5 GPA but 8/9/8 and high 50 or 60 something ASTB. People are getting turned away with legit GPA's and decent to good ASTB scores.

You've got to shine.

zaleskb1

All what the recruiters really tell me is that it is difficult. I understand that, and part of that is what drives me to Intel. Even though my background and my heart throws me towards Intel, Ive also been interested in other fields, such as Supply. Are my chances better with Supply? Other field? I dont really wanna ask such a question for i know what i really want, but most imprortantly, i know my heart lies simply in serving as an officer in USNR.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Can I ask the question of why you're going USNR instead of active duty? Just for my own curiosity....

Also, as Sooner said, everything is super super competitive right, even in supply and other fields. When one designator closes out for the FY, others take their apps to another designator and he's right, the entire Navy is "force shaping" right now.

If you're currently in your Masters right now, you need to be pulling off a super stellar GPA for that....that will definitely help. Also if the recruiter doesn't help you, be proactive and seek out some Reserve Intel guys/girls if you can....or any kind of Intel Officer and talk with them. No one is going to fight for your career except for you.....

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
All what the recruiters really tell me is that it is difficult. I understand that, and part of that is what drives me to Intel. Even though my background and my heart throws me towards Intel, Ive also been interested in other fields, such as Supply. Are my chances better with Supply? Other field? I dont really wanna ask such a question for i know what i really want, but most imprortantly, i know my heart lies simply in serving as an officer in USNR.

Is English your first language? If you do make it in, you will be expected to be able to communicate well in the written form.

This may be just an informal internet forum to you, but every time you type something is a chance to practice spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Like it not, how you post creates an impression.

Sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^---- Yeah..If your job is so super secret squirrel that you cannot divulge what you do, you're probably already serving our country in a much better capacity than being a Chop or hopeful Intel applicant.