• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help me if You can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Fart

I am a American Airlines Pilot who has spent the last 5-years flying with former military pilots from every service. I have thousands of hours of flight time, and I know I'm too old for the dream,so spare me the news. I am however interested in serving my country before I need a walker to get around. I was NPQ from USMC OCS in 1996 for severe shin splits, and was recommended by the CO at OCS to return upon healing.I had a flight contract. I got a job with American Eagle, and then American before that happend, and here I am. I did get cleared medically before I decided not to go back to Marine Corps OCS, which was pumping out about 90% Helo at the time. I have never gotten over the bug to serve. Any recruiters or Officer Selection Officers out there got any use for me? I found out that I can take a leave from AA for up to 10-Years for active duty service, then go into the reserves and continue with my career at AA.Is this even a possibility at 33-Yrs.Old? I would love an aviation related job, but would take any for the opportunity to serve.

Kevin

Duff

Kevin, Go to www.marineofficer.com.

Look for the closest OSO nearest to you. 33 may be a stretch, but you could get a waiver.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Kevin,

You can get a commision in the Navy still. The age cut off is 35. You would have to talk with an officer recruiter to find out what slots you could qualify for. I think you'll find out that your age is going to get you for flight (NA and NFO). However, give the officer recruiter in your area a call if you are thinking about the Navy. Best of luck to you.

Dave

Old Fart

Thanks for the encouragement. Best of luck and skill to you all.Remember us old farts the next time you make a break from the mainland to the carrier.You can be certain we smile every time we pass you. I'll give an Officer Selection Officer a ring and see if he can hook me up with a ground commission.

Kevin

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Let us know how it turns out for you.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

Status
Not open for further replies.