• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

help for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_riddle

60 bubba
hello all...
this is my first posting on this forum. i heard of it through the military.com forum and it comes very highly regarded. anyway...i have just completed my naval officer application for ocs and should hear back within the next two weeks. my recruiter seems more then possitive i will be selected to be a student aviator.

this is where my question(s) come in. i know very little about the field (aviation) and just a little about navy life. could someone please give me a brief run down on some of the simple, taken-for-granted information that most of you seem to already possess? this would be more then helpful...i know that aviators are supposed to be cocky, but right now i am humbly ready to learn.

thanks and happy new year to all,
lwr

el_riddle

60 bubba
hey...sorry for the long delay in narrowing my broad questions. I am very interested to know what the day to day life is like as a pilot; i.e. what sort of schedual is considered 'normal', the difficulty of maintaining romantic relationships, life on the ship, and really anything that comes to mind.

Another question I have is about the seemingly never ending abreviations. Can you think of a few that would get me started or are considered 'must knows' and perhaps translate?

Also, I feel as though I might be a bit unprepared seeing as though I have a Communication batchelor's with business minor. What would you recommend to do to prepare myself both mentally and physically before ocs as well as flight school (as for physical conditioning; I tested as a low outstanding, I believe, when I tested for my recruiter...I try and keep in shape).

As I stated in my previous post, I am very eager to learn and although I have not had much opportunity to view your forum posts, I have been reading as much as possible, and any help is welcomed.

Thanks a ton,
lwr

Status
Not open for further replies.