• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo Selection

AQuin

This is my very first post, I am currently working on sending in my application packet. I take the ASTB December 9, 2010. I want to be a Helo Pilot. I know I will have to score incredibly well on the ASTB to even be selected in this competitive day and age, but I was wondering what the process is for Helo Pilot Selection. I really like helicopters and have wanted to be a Naval Helo Pilot ever since I was 7 years old and lived in Singapore.

Help / Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
This is my very first post, I am currently working on sending in my application packet. I take the ASTB December 9, 2010. I want to be a Helo Pilot. I know I will have to score incredibly well on the ASTB to even be selected in this competitive day and age, but I was wondering what the process is for Helo Pilot Selection. I really like helicopters and have wanted to be a Naval Helo Pilot ever since I was 7 years old and lived in Singapore.

Help / Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you search around then you will find your answer on how the selection process works. That being said if you really want Helos make sure your the top of your class and work your butt off but realize it is needs of the Navy that come first! Good Luck to you!

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
It's all timing. In most selection weeks, it's not hard to get helos. But on rare occasions, the FRS squadrons get backed up to the point where the Navy decides to temporarily admit fewer selectees into the helo pipeline and there might be more SNAs requesting helos than there are slots available. Bottom line, do your best on every single event and fight the urge to predict your NSS or your probability of getting X or Y. It's the single most annoying and fruitless trait of the average SNA.

AQuin

I really appreciate the advice. I had no intention of ever slacking off, or trying to predict the future. I know that it is going to be a lot of hard, but rewarding work. Hopefully I get selected at a period of time where the helo pipeline is wide open.