• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

I have a question for you gentleman who are currently at P'Cola. How much time a day do you spend studying? Flying? How does it work? Do you have to walk on water to get a high (50+) NSS or is it a matter of determination. I ask because I have 25 hours of flight time in and I loved studying and then learning to apply it.

jet_ifr

Found this on the USMC official site about the V-22:

http://www.jacksonvilledailynews.com/Details.cfm?StoryID=7749

I fly. Me pilot?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Quick answers:

NSS is based on standard deviations--the whole bell curve thing. 50 marks the middle of the bell curve. This isn't Lake Wobegon--not all the children are above average.

The Osprey pipeline is still up in the air, as is the Osprey program. When they figure that out, it will still be some time before they need boots to start filling it. Last proposal I heard was that one would go all the way through helos, then go to Corpus to fly a modified prop syllabus.

The Corps does not have a special "higher speed" unit, apart from the MEUs, which, being Spec Ops capable, are already "high speed." Marine Recon and the like are transported by regular Marine birds. In Afghanistan we flew guys from every service and some from foreign SpecOps, as well as some guys that we weren't sure where they were from. Some planners began to favor Marine lift over USAF, because we said "yes" when no one else would.

There are limited numbers of exchange slots at TF160 and USAF SpecOps for Marine pilots.

Phrogs phorever

Status
Not open for further replies.