• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone attended JCWS-H?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you get JQO as a reservists? Cause don’t you need time in a JDAL billet?

Yes but it is difficult, usually the joint billet credit for a reservist is earned on an IA where i think it can count for 2 or 3 times than a ‘regular’ tour. One of the guys I did and IA with hit all the wickets but they didn’t give him credit for some reason the first two times he put in for it for some reason and he was siubmitting for a third time the last I talked to him.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes but it is difficult, usually the joint billet credit for a reservist is earned on an IA where i think it can count for 2 or 3 times than a ‘regular’ tour. One of the guys I did and IA with hit all the wickets but they didn’t give him credit for some reason the first two times he put in for it for some reason and he was submitting for a third time the last I talked to him.
Is there a reference instruction for that multiplier? Did a quick Ctrl-F of the DoDI and BUPERS site, and couldn't find anything.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a reference instruction for that multiplier? Did a quick Ctrl-F of the DoDI and BUPERS site, and couldn't find anything.

Sorry, I looked at all the requirements and largely tuned that stuff out after that. I am still in contact with the guy if you really have an itch to know.

bluemarlin04

I think it’s called an intensity factor. See top of this link.

The detailers briefed it to us recently (I’m active duty) but they mentioned an IA as a reservists or active is what this is used for.

They also said if you’re not O-5 and above you prob won’t get it.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Looking for some gouge on this, says you can get JPME-2 credit:

I completed this when it was still called AJPME. It doesn't seem that the syllabus has really changed all that much, if at all. It was pretty relaxed - a bunch of distance learning stuff (including live facilitation one night a week via the computer). We had a couple of papers, and then two sessions on AT down at JFSC in Norfolk. Gentlemanly hours, in at 0800, out by 1600. We did a staff ride up at Yorktown battlefield that was good, with the downside of it being on a Saturday - I would have preferred my weekend at the beach. Heavy Army Reserve / National Guard participation, not many Navy dudes. You end up with a ton of points for the distance learning part, something like 76 if I recall correctly.

One of the side benefits was access to the JFSC library, including their "limited access" documents. Got to review the after action report for Iwo Jima from the 3rd MARDIV, and the original staff study for Operation OLYMPIC. Very cool. (Note to security nazis - obviously, declassified....)2115921160