• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Independence Day!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
launch 5” mortar shells from my driveway

5-inch-62-caliber-Mark-45-Mod-4-test-firing-on-USS-Forrest-Sherman.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unfortunately this is the year they finally banned fireworks in unincorporated King County, which is a shame. Because some of my redneck neighbors put on one pisser of a fireworks show. We're talking like 5-6 trashbags full of spent mortars when all was said and done, at least. God help anyone who was trying to drive down the road while it was happening; it was like hockey in Wayne's World. "Car . . . game on!" People riding skateboards back and forth to set off like 2-3 different sets of fireworks along about a 200-yard front. Utterly glorious and ridiculous.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Unfortunately this is the year they finally banned fireworks in unincorporated King County, which is a shame. Because some of my redneck neighbors put on one pisser of a fireworks show. We're talking like 5-6 trashbags full of spent mortars when all was said and done, at least. God help anyone who was trying to drive down the road while it was happening; it was like hockey in Wayne's World. "Car . . . game on!" People riding skateboards back and forth to set off like 2-3 different sets of fireworks along about a 200-yard front. Utterly glorious and ridiculous.
That’s my neighborhood, except instead of skateboards, it’s each homeowner individually setting off their stuff, and instead of a show front, it’s all around us, in every direction. “The show” runs for about 5 nights, ramping up through the 4th. By the 5th, it’s pretty much over, and we aren’t legally allowed to light off after that.

God help anyone who has noise-sensitive PTSD around here this week…