• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hang up before MEPS...

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I submitted my paperwork over a month ago, and I'm still waiting to find out when I go to MEPS. I spoke w/my officer recruiter about this several times, he said MEPS was very backed up right now in Nashville and that could be the reason. Feeling somewhat discouraged (applying SNA BDCP) at this point. Really ready to get MEPS done so I can do my PRT and get selected. My package is competitive. Anyone else having a tough time just getting to MEPS? Let me know, thanks.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Dude, I applied without having been to MEPS or having done a PRT but maybe things have changed. The "MEPS" I went to was at NAS Jax on a reserve weekend and my recruiter just pushed me through. It was just the healthcare clinic there that did the whole physical thing. When I went to MEPS in high school it was at Ft. Mcpherson in Atlanta, so you may be able to check there. They do a batch of pre-service academy guys about every month so that may be an option, although it would be a drive... There ARE other options. I would ask your recruiter about it.

nugget61

pilot
^ You can apply, but I think you have to have MEPS/PRT complete before you can get a final select (and in his case, bdcp $). Good to know about the backup though, I'll have to try going north of here to get through - I'll let you know how that goes if you're willing to make more of a drive.

Rasczak

Marine
Dude, I applied without having been to MEPS or having done a PRT but maybe things have changed. The "MEPS" I went to was at NAS Jax on a reserve weekend and my recruiter just pushed me through. It was just the healthcare clinic there that did the whole physical thing. When I went to MEPS in high school it was at Ft. Mcpherson in Atlanta, so you may be able to check there. They do a batch of pre-service academy guys about every month so that may be an option, although it would be a drive... There ARE other options. I would ask your recruiter about it.

Holy crap Xmid, you commissioned?

Sinatra

ALOHA LAMPS
It is the end of the FY. Everything seems to back up.

Hurry up and wait. I guarantee that this will not be the last time you feel like processes are moving like frozen molasses.

Sort of a threadjack but...

Does anyone know if submitting without having been to MEPS or doing your PRT has any effect on your packet? Would they be more likely to select someone knowing that they have already passed the physical and are in shape?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Does anyone know if submitting without having been to MEPS or doing your PRT has any effect on your packet? Would they be more likely to select someone knowing that they have already passed the physical and are in shape?

It's not part of the initial application, so I I don't think they'll know whether you've been or haven't been. It won't matter.

mtsupilot09

It's not part of the initial application, so I I don't think they'll know whether you've been or haven't been. It won't matter.

That's what I thought too. My OR wants to have everything done before I submit. I talked to him yesterday again, and he gave me the same answer: Keep bugging him until he's remembered to get my stuff through. I know all the standby to wait stuff, but I mean seriously? It's MEPS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's what I thought too. My OR wants to have everything done before I submit. I talked to him yesterday again, and he gave me the same answer: Keep bugging him until he's remembered to get my stuff through. I know all the standby to wait stuff, but I mean seriously? It's MEPS.

My OR WOULDN'T LET me go to MEPS until I was pro-reced (waste of money). I guess it all depends on your recruiter. My point was that MEPS is a check in the box, but the initial board won't see if you've been or not, so it isn't really a bargaining chip at all for the first board. They don't know or care.

gusthebus229

i don't think the board even cares that much about your PRT... i never did one at all (though i was prepared) and i got final select last week for BDCP SNA. i'd rather go through MEPS before the package, because there'd be nothing worse than getting pro rec'd SNA and then finding out you have no depth perception :confused:.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I dont know why you would have trouble getting into the nashville meps. My friend that goes to mtsu just started talking to a marine recruiter about plc and they got him through meps in like a week from when he first talked to them. so i guess just stay on top of it.

mtsupilot09

My OR told me two days ago that there is no way he can send in my package without my MEPS/PRT paperwork with it. I have thought about donig PLC, the biggest drawback is no $ during college. I guess since this is the end of the FY things are backed up, but I turned my paperwork in weeks ago, and my OR has confirmed several times with the civilian processor that he doesn't need anything else from me.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
My package went off to boards without having been to MEPS. I did the PRT but I have to wait for the vision waiver before I can head to MEPS but I went without any of that stuff done.